3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ground stand seats  (Read 875 times)

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ground stand seats
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
That smart seat looks comfortable but looks like you would have to find the perfect spot to put it up.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
Every time one of these threads come up, I always recommend the  Walkstool. It doesn't have a backrest but is the most comfortable stool out there. You can get one in any height you want and they weigh LESS than 2 pounds. They are nearly indestructible as they are pictured with 4 of them under each wheel of an automobile.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
For the money you want to spend($80) it will be hard to beat the Double Bull Magnum. The Huntsmore and the Waldrop Pac seat are great but more expensive.   :thumbsup:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
The one thing to remember about hunting on the ground you need to be concealed. Aside from being in a popup or building a natural ground blind your concealment will in part be having your back against a large tree or brush. Some of the chairs that have been suggested will leave you farther out from the tree you will pick for cover that will mean from a side view you will be picked out easier by a deer. That being said I myself am leaning towards the Big Jim ground hunter seat and the torges seat.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
Save your money and order the Millennium G100 ground blind chair. It is the most comfortable, light weight, easy to set up chair on the market, and it swivels too. I have the G300 which attaches to a tree and also the G100 with the three adjustable legs. Both are equally comfortable, but one needs a tree and it doesn't swivel. Still, it's a great chair if you have a tree in the correct spot.

The G100 attached to the military molle frame makes carrying a dream. You will actually look forward to sitting in this chair during your hunts. It's fast to setup, light weight, super comfortable,(which is one of the most important things a chair should have}, and it swivels. Plus, you don't need a pack mule to carry it into the woods!

I believe the G100 is the cream of the crop and nothing comes close. Don't waste your money on anything less. Try one and you'll agree.
N/A

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Wow lots of options I want to look into here. I have been using a black bucked that i set oon a rubber floor mat. Butt it up to a tree and the tree becomes a backrest and concealment. Have a pad i sit on. I want something light less bulky i can pack in and out. A bucket is loud when it taps brush walking in the woods
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »
I read about the Shappell swivel seat here, used it about 6x, and love it.  Light, durable, and adjustable.  quiet too. I'm sure there are others too.

I think about 70$ shipped. Has a back and all. Good seat.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
I did go through sportsmans guide to order those seats and they say they are in stock then when you order they ship from the dealer direct and they are currently out of stock.  They say they won't ship until 12-26-14 just for a heads up.  There are alot of seats to look at here.  Thanks for all the help.
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©