3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 4 blade magnus question  (Read 229 times)

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
4 blade magnus question
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
Okay guys, I know the age old debate is which is better, 2,3, or 4 blade.  I know I will get more than one opinion here.  My question is who has shot a moose with a magnus 4 blade.  I will be shooting my 57 pound @26" Sky bow, pushing a 650 grain fir shaft.  Not at all worried about penetration with a magnus 2 blade, but am curious what I can expect with my 4 blades.  I have never killed anything with the magnus 4 blade head.  Are the bleeders similar to the old Bear style, in that they will shear off with heavy bone, or will they severly impede penetration.  I am leaning to the 4 blade to cause greater trauma in the case of a marginal hit, but am worried about penetration on such a large animal.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4 blade magnus question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
Don't know about moose, but killed 5 whitetail deer with Magnus 4 blades last year!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
I can tell you the bleeders on the Magnus are much stouter than the Bears.  They will bend or break but it will take far more impact for them to do it.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline hawgslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
:wavey:
HAWGSLAYER

07 BOB LEE HUNTER 49#'S
09 MARTIN 48#'s
CVA ACCURA 50 CAL.
BL/STAINLESS
SEMPER FI

Keep your feathers dry and your nose in the wind and become the predator that we really are.

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
If you want to you can use Bear bleeder- blades with them.  You'll have to use a drop of glue on the ferrel to keep them in position.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©