3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help with split finger pinch  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help with split finger pinch
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by BigJim:
There was a time that I experienced finger pinch. As it turns out, I was actually rolling my fingers out as I was drawing. The arrow nock was grinding against the edge of my finger as it passed. By the time I hit anchor, I didn't have much finger left on the string. After a few shots, my index finger would get really  sore.

I solved the problem once I realized what was causing it. I now keep my deep hook all the way back to anchor and then expand to release...no more pinch.
BigJim
Thanks Jim!  I didn't realize that I was doing the same thing until I read your comment. I tried it and it solved my problem!
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
I was just going to say big jim hit the nail on the head. I went through the same thing

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
There was a time that I experienced finger pinch. As it turns out, I was actually rolling my fingers out as I was drawing. The arrow nock was grinding against the edge of my finger as it passed. By the time I hit anchor, I didn't have much finger left on the string. After a few shots, my index finger would get really  sore.

I solved the problem once I realized what was causing it. I now keep my deep hook all the way back to anchor and then expand to release...no more pinch. I have a 31 1/2"+ draw and prefer a 64" RD longbow, or a 58" forward handle RD longbow
or a 60" recurve. I also wear a 2xl glove when I can find one.
BigJim
:thumbsup:
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
I shoot a 54" recurve with 30 1/2" draw using the method mentioned above, index finger barely touching the nock at anchor.  Never heard of anyone else doing it that way before.  Seems I'm in pretty good company!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »

I solved the problem once I realized what was causing it. I now keep my deep hook all the way back to anchor and then expand to release...no more pinch. I have a 31 1/2"+ draw and prefer a 64" RD longbow, or a 58" forward handle RD longbow
or a 60" recurve. I also wear a 2xl glove when I can find one.
BigJim
Below is a picture of how Kisik Lee suggests one
should grip the string.  A deep hook has improved my accuracy and finger pinch.  I must say that if you're getting finger pinch w/ a 68" AMO longbow, something doesn't seem right.
homebru

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
Do you shoot a tab or a glove?
John

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
change to three under , problem solved    :rolleyes:    :goldtooth:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©