3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ? Anybody have outfitter berber fleece?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ? Anybody have outfitter berber fleece?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
I have them. They are rediculously warm. Not for walking in. Like most have said the fleece pick up burrs like a magnet.
I use them for coyote hunting where im still and in the open-ish. I have the regular outfitter pattern.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
Kenny I have some Cabela's stuff, but if you are looking for silent fleece with windstopper at a good price look at the Predator stuff. Absolutely silent and very warm. Just my opinion.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Fritz I have the predator fleece with windstopper and they are very nice.  In fact it is my favorite camo and material for most of the season.  However, it is not in the same league as the Cabelas Outiftter EXTREME berber fleece as far as warmth.  I was able to stay on stand all day in this stuff in low teens/single digits with 20 MPH winds.   It is not shown in the catalog you have to google outfitter extreme.  The fleece in the catalog is a lesser weight berber fleece.
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline TylerH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
I have the Cabelas berber fleece bibs with windstopper and they are crazy warm. Throw them on over a pair of jeans and I am good down to the 20s for stand hunting (no long underwear). I have their woolimate jacket with windstopper and like that a lot too but the fleece is quieter and warmer.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
Thanks guys! Great info.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
My hunting buddy loves the Berber fleece from Cabelas.. But 2 years ago we were in Illinois and his jacket shrunk and melted a little when he put it in a super hot laundrymat dryer..he bought another jacket and only dries it on Low or no heat now. I have some of their regular fleece with windshear,the liner is not 100% quiet but I only wear it when the wind is blowing and under 35 degrees. I only wear it when I'm hunting "up north" in Ohio, Illinois or Indiana. I also have some windproof Natural G##r fleece ..their fleece is not quiet but it is well made and warm

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Cabela's Outfitter Berber...been using it for 6 or 7 seasons.  Really warm stuff and I've yet to have an animal hear the wind shear lining.  I will say that it's heavy though - that's the only negative.  I have the jacket and the pants.  I love the camo pattern and the material...it literally melts into the background.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »
Yep got the 1/4 zip pullover jacket and pants as well.  I pack it in on my long sits when it's really cold and/or windy and works great, only way I can stay in the stand on a cold windy day.  The exterior is extremely quiet but the internal liner can be noise so I just put it on over another layer of fleece and no problem.  The pockets are good and well placed.
Only thing is I wish I had the bibs instead of pants, they would be much easier to put on in the stand without having to take my boots off, but other then that love the outfit!
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
I like the windshear jacket & vest. I don't wear fleece pants because of all the stick tights, beggar lice, etc. here in central Missouri. If it's cold I usually wear a layer of fleece beneath cotton/poly field pants or poly rain pants.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
I have a Outfitter Berber Fleece vest with windstopper and really like it. It's been through the dryer many times.

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Just got a new Cabelas catalog and the outfitter Berber fleece is 30% off.

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Please keep in mind there are two different versions of cabelas outfitter berber fleece.  The really warm and quiet stuff (because the wind stopper is sandwhiched in between layers) is the Outfitter EXTREME Berber Fleece - the jacket runs about 250 and so do the bibs.  There is a big difference between the two.  Right now the extreme parka and bibs are on sale for around $150 (about 100 dollars off for each item)
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
the berber is really warm and quiet. the only thing I dislike were the PANTS. They had no zipper which I don't like when you gotta go. Maybe they have them. Just ask if the pants come with a zipper and you'll be ready to go.
see

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
I have the Cabela's Outfitter Berber Fleece Series WindShear™ Pants. They have zipper back pockets legs and fly and are really warm and quiet. Also have the vest and quarter zip pull over which I'm not to crazy about..just don't like pullovers. I'm watching the jacket for it to come down in price just a little more. It's now down to $89.00.

Also have the Wooltimate jacket with windshear and like it..but it's heavier.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
Everyone seemed to like the stuff. So I bought the pants and jacket. While on a trip to Boston. Stopped at Hartford Cabelas store. Got both pcs for $89 ea. W wind stopper. I got the jacket in XL and the pants in Medium.
It's really comfortable and quiet. A big plus for me is it doesn't bind. Makes drawing a bow easy like you are wearing a sweatshirt. I considered the high priced wool but I doubt it would be this easy to move your arms and shoulders in. Plus the fleece can probably be washed a lot with no problems.
Haven't hunted in it yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.
Tedd

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
I have the vest, jacket and pants. Love it.  But will not wear it in burr/Burdick country..
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
Kenny,
Recently, Cabela's had it on sale, and after just spending a few weeks out in the minus temperatures, I thought it would be just what I needed. After looking at it and comparing it to the wooltiminate, I spent a few more bucks and went with the wool. The Berber was definitely warm, and as others have stated, very bulky. The other thing was it looked like a burr magnet of the very worst kind.
Hope that helps some...
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
I have the Berber fleece in outfitter camo. Beenie, gator, pull over, vest, jacket, gloves, bib's and pants. best stuff I have ever used in cold weather. I just came back from Alberta and I never got cold. Great here at home in Ohio late bow season also with winds and temps in the -10 to 15f. Warm and dead silent.

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
I have the Berber fleece in outfitter camo. Beenie, gator, pull over, vest, jacket, gloves, bib's and pants. best stuff I have ever used in cold weather. I just came back from Alberta and I never got cold. Great here at home in Ohio late bow season also with winds and temps in the -10 to 15f. Warm and dead silent.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©