3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do Bucks Dream?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do Bucks Dream?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
So....would it be coming out of the closet if I admitted dreaming about bucks and not does??? Oh no...

Not to highjack here but have limited self control...

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing this observation.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing Gene.

A very interesting look at whitetail behavior.

This conversation took me back years, as a young child but of age and size that made me a good candidate for spring cotton chopping I remember those 1st couple of days in the field.

I would wake up almost as tired as when I went to bed and it was because I chopped cotton all night long for awhile. Once my body got acclimated to the season the "night chopping" ceased.

I never looked forward to those dreams but as a young man (age 12-13) I remember some awesome dreams with "dear" in them that I wished would never end...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
Haha, that's funny Roy!

Bisch

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
I know a few who have had nightmares of the boggyman then get put to sleep for good.
lll

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
I used to hold food near my dogs nose when I saw her dreaming and I could see her nostrils start moving and I figured whatever she was dreaming about now got lot more tastier, ha ha.
"Us vs Them"

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 06:57:00 PM »
It has little to do with this thread, but have seen this year twice a fast chase with a buck or several bucks after a doe, but following the bucks were multiple coyotes. The coyotes follow along untill the doe is exhuasted. Now they could move in. If the buck that Gene describes was so exhausted that it "blacked out", then image the doe, who must potentially fight for her life. Mike

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
I watched a doe bed down in front of me about 25 years ago and she lifted her tail and " cut the cheese" several times..Not sure if she was dreaming but she actually let it rip...

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Its really amazing what you can see in the woods happening live at times.

Thanks for sharing.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
Not to steal Gene's thread but adding to Keefer's post, in 2012 I was sitting an afternoon stand and had a great buck walk by at 15 yds. He was pushing B&C but among other things I knew he was only 4 1/2 yrs. old so I let him walk. He was 15 yds. broadside and I was taping him. Everything was quiet when he flexed his pelvis to pee and let out a great audible flutter-blast. And the mic on my camera picked it up perfectly. We all know dogs fart, cows and horse fart, so I assumed deer did too. But I can't say I've ever heard of it filmed before. I'm working on a new video and will absolutely include it, so stay tuned. It gives a whole new meaning to "grunt call". Do I smell a new deer call (no pun intended) coming to your favorite sporting goods store? BW

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
I'm not sure if bucks dream, but I sure dream of bucks....Sounds like a great title to a book though, thanks for sharing.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
I have seen baby raccoons dreaming.

Offline Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »
Well then there is hope for me shooting a big buck some day.....I just have to catch it sleep walking.   :dunno:

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Offline don kauss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Three of the B&C bucks I passed up this year were dreaming...

Or was that me? I can't remember...
Your Chicken from McDonald's, Tyson Foods, or Perdue Farms spent most of it's life stuffed in a cage with three or four others, occupying a space about the size of a book page...None for me, thanks...

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
Amazing how simular we are.  My wife said I was doing the same thing in my sleep after the Victoria Secrets special the other nite.  The farting thing too she said.  :dunno:

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by NIGEL01:
Amazing how simular we are.  My wife said I was doing the same thing in my sleep after the Victoria Secrets special the other nite.  The farting thing too she said.   :dunno:  
I've laughed many-a-times on this website, but this one had me rolling!  I love the camaraderie we have here.  

Thanks for sharing the story Gene.  It has sparked some interesting and enjoyable discussion.
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Gene says they dream, Barry says they fart, well I'm here to tell ya, their stomachs growl too...   :)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Godfather,

Last week when I was Coues hunting in AZ, I got this video thru my spotting scope of a buck adjusting himself in his bed and curling up better to take a nap. He was definitely dreaming; I could see it with my eyes thru the scope but getting that on video was not as clear at 1200 yards and high winds. I've got the end of the stalk my buddy made on him in the thread on the PBS website.

Offline stiknstringer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
I had a nice eight point under my stand burping and snezzing in the early season.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©