3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: you finish recurve?  (Read 448 times)

Offline pintail_drake2004

• Trad Bowhunter
you finish recurve?
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:22:00 AM »
Hey gents, I haven't posted much in a while, but I still read on a regular basis. I'm the type of guy who studies things for months before I leap into it. I have searched the web looking for an "you finish recurve" something that my brother and I could work on together. With us being several hundred miles apart, and only having 1.5 days together once a month, I'd like to find an almost finished recurve, in the white if you will, that we could finish on our weekend. Do any of you gents know where a guy could find such a project? I've looked at binghams projects, but that is a little more in-depth than I want to get into right now.

To make sure this remains traditional archery related, I've included a couple photos of the woodies I made for this season, with marble dip:
Spined 65# Larch

Spined 57# Cedar

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: you finish recurve?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:15:00 AM »
SWEET looking arrows ...congrats on a finejob!:thumbsup:
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Check with 7 lakes longbows, he's got a recurve I bet he could set you up with as a U-finish.

Offline attack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
Checkmate was selling infinished bows. And yes he is still making bows. Try calling Boormans in New Westminster BC.

CheckMate Firebird 56" 57#@28
CheckMate Falcon Special 60" 52#@28
Shakespeare Supe Necedah 54" 45#@28
Bear Blackbear riser 40# Sage limbs

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
We do recurve blanks, I'd be glad to talk over just what you're wanting.  I have a few blanks already glued up, who knows, maybe just what you're looking for. Mike

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
3rivers had half finished long bows I'm not sure about recurves though. Very nice arrows by the way
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
I'm going to second 7 Lakes. Not because I have done one, but I have had several email conversations with Mike and he is a great guy. Very helpful and he just genuinly wants you to love the bow AND the proccess. Plus, from a reviews stand point you'd have a pretty difficult time finding an unhappy customer from either his u-finish bows or the ones he finishes. Either way, 1) excellent arrows! Now I can't wait to see the bow you guys do! And, 2) Super cool idea with building it with your brother. I wish my brother would go trad, he just hasn't learned to be comfortable with "failure", and trad archery is just too humbling for some. Good luck!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
Another option would be to locate a classic (Bear, Pearson, Shakespeare, etc.) that needs some TLC.  Spend your time together with the cleaning, sanding, and spraying.  It's very rewarding to see an oldie come back to life.
Lon Scott

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
I know at one time Dan Toelke told me he would be willing to sell me an unfinished bow...you could do a lot worse than his Super Static

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©