3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New spine tester.  (Read 448 times)

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New spine tester.
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
I ordered a new spine tester several months ago from kevin Gerlock  at rosecreekarchery.
It should be at the house today when I get home from work.. looking forward  to  trying it out and see how different  arrows compare to one another. . Looks like a great design and have read nothing but good things  about  his products.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New spine tester.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
Rose Creek or Oak Creek?

Let us know how you like it!

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Oak creek sorry.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Wow, that looks like a sweet unit. Glad to see another archer who sees the value of this essential tool.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
I have one of his original testers......excellent piece of craftsmanship and design.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
You ordered "several months ago"?
   :confused:
Lon Scott

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
i have the pneumatic version- best spine tester i have ever used. mine came quick!

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
Yes I ordered a few months ago. He had told me then that he  was working  on other projects  and it would be awhile. I told him no rush as I wouldn't be using it until after season as I wasn't changing arrows  or bows mid season. So it wasn't an issue waiting. It did arrive this morning but I havnt had a chance to even open it as I am at work. Steve

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Here is the conversion chart, ATA (AMO) and ASTM. Wood shafts are spined on 26" centers and aluminum and graphite are on 28" centers. It works for both. If you shoot shorter, or longer arrows, you still need to make the adjustment, because spine tester do not tell you what the equivalent spine is for a 30" arrow, or the dynamic spine.
 http://oakcreekarchery.com/ocapages/spine/docs/arrow_translation.pdf
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
Got the spine tester all put together  and ran several arrows through it. Seems to be very consistent  and easy to use.. i tested several of the spines on the same type arrow. Did notice a small difference.  Also did notice some differences  on how the shafts were oriented  on the tester. Even the carbons. I'm not sure my shooting is good enough  to benefit from a few lbs difference. . But i will orient the nocks now to match spines

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by warden415:
Got the spine tester all put together  and ran several arrows through it. Seems to be very consistent  and easy to use.. i tested several of the spines on the same type arrow. Did notice a small difference.  Also did notice some differences  on how the shafts were oriented  on the tester. Even the carbons. I'm not sure my shooting is good enough  to benefit from a few lbs difference. . But i will orient the nocks now to match spines
Don't sell yourself short bro... the closer you can get your arrows to exactly the same, the better you will shoot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©