3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what's next for you and your bow?  (Read 938 times)

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
what's next for you and your bow?
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
My deer season has ended with the best archery buck I have ever shot and only one with my recurve bow. So now as we transition from deer hunting what is next for you with your bow? For me, i will attempt spring turkey with a recurve and then move onto shooting invasive fish!

I have this desire to want to use my bow for all of my sporting activities. Deer hunting,bow fishing, small game,and now I want to try and shoot a turkey this spring with my bow.did it with a shotgun last year but I think the challenge of the bow would be so much more rewarding!
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: what's next for you and your bow?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind turkey hunting with mine this year but, unless you know someone with property, it's hard to find any public land turkeys. Least ways, I can't seem to find a place to go.   :rolleyes:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
I pretty much do it all with my bow, and have for quite some time. I'll be chasing bunnies and some squirrels until turkeys and carp are available. I may head to Florida for some hog action. You're on the right path my friend! .
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »
just filled my last michigan tag tonight. then off to ohio first week of Jan. Then down to florida with the family to hunt hogs at True South Adventures in April. Then time to get the bowfishing boat on the water!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
I've had a lot of luck the last couple of weeks here in KY. I'm planning to get after the deer a bit more.

So far this has been the first season in probably 20 years that I haven't taken a shot. No does in bow-range so far. I've passed on 5 small bucks but that's it. Only been out 14 times so I'm 9 hunts off the national average.

I'm in charge of planning a bear hunt for my buddy's, son, and brother. A party of 4-7 guys is sometimes challenging especially since I'm the only one that doesn't use a compound.

Making it tougher now is that my best friend appears to be x-bow bound at 69 due to a frozen shoulder. He has been a world champ with a curve so this turn of events has devastated him.

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
We will get the beagles out and rabbit hunt the next couple months.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
Roving and stumping in the Sonoran desert, keeping ready for the spring turkey and bear seasons to come. Lots of arrows to destroy on the Arizona rocks.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
This in the Spring:

Then this in Sept.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Bunny hunts are coming up soon.  I still have a few weeks to get my puppy on a few more pheasants, so that will happen.  I have a fall turkey tag good for a few more days, if I see one, the hunt is on. . , then comes 3D and maybe actually go shoot some carp this year.

Next fall I hope to resume some "out west" activities that I have put on the backburner recently.

CHuckC

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
I'm contemplating a new bow purchase.  I've got 3 kinds that I'm debating between.  Once I am able to shoot all 3 - the decision will be much easier to make.

I've not been much of a turkey hunter in the recent years.  I'll probably just put up more cameras and do more scouting for deer over the summer.
>>>--------->

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
I don't have a place to turkey hunt this year. Deer season does not end till mid Jan and I still have one TX tag and 6 Ark tags in my pocket.

After that, I have a new to me boat in my garage that I am rigging up fpr bowfishing, so I plan on "getting my feet wet" there! I also have a red stag hunt in New Zealand in April and am going back to South Africa in July.

This should be a exciting year indeed!

Good luck to everybody else on your adventures for the year!

Bisch

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
I suppose I'll go after a turkey or two, but they really don't flip my switch for some reason. I think its because they mess me up all the time while deer hunting. I went and moved a deer stand last night and there were a passle of them out in one of the fields. I lost count at 105. After they pick the crops each year I think every turkey within a 5 mile range comes running.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Finish deer season and maybe spring turkeys.  Kalamazoo in January.  Cloverdale, Compton, and ETAR.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
Dang Bisch, I thought I had some cool stuff planned  :)  

Turkeys in Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Nebraska and Illinois in April.

Bears in Quebec in June.

September Mountain Goats in BC

All with my longbow 'cause I am addicted    :biglaugh:
Mike Davenport

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
I primarily hunt deer, so most of my season is over. However, I do have occasional access to decent hog hunting, plus there are turkeys on my property. Mostly, though in spring and summer it is 3D.
Sam

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Deer season ends Dec 31 for me.  After that, I'll be hunting cottontails, turkeys, moose then deer again.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
I'll be deer hunting until Feb. I always like to throw in some small game days. It all depends on the days when there are gun hunters out, then I don't go on public land. After that, I will be stalking the elusive "stump" the rest of winter, and doing some trapping.  Spring time, I'm just not very interested in turkey. So, who knows? There is always a season open that allows me to hunt with my longbow, so..... hey maybe carp!
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
I just got a new 20 gauge Flintlock so my small game will be playing with that. I do have a much better year lined up for 2015 though; AZ Coues, javelina, and mule deer shorty, then Osceolas, Manitoba bears, AK moose, and cap it off with Iowa Whitetails.

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
Spring hog and turkey hopefully. Doing a January club shoot too I hope.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 11:32:00 AM »
Sorry to hear your guys seasons are coming to an end.  We can hunt here in MD till the end on JAN and two counties extended the doe season till the end of March.
T ZZZZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©