3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help me: too many camo choices  (Read 1480 times)

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help me: too many camo choices
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Justin, this funny, you used to use Swanndri, and I just started using it. I love my Swanndri shirt, got caught in a down pour in Idaho while elk hunting, when it got back to camp I was dry as a bone from just above the knees all the way up to my head.
If I want or think I need camo, I use a ASAT 3D in the netted outfit right over my Swanndri. I was 3 feet from a coyote on the ground and never got busted with this set up.

Good luck
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
what he said..   :thumbsup:  
i looove the asat leafy suit, and swannies are the best- spent a lot of time with those crazy kiwi shepherds!   :D

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
I've tried them all(Cabela's, King of the Mountain, Gray Wolf etc.) and find that I wear my Asbel wool more than any other. Perfect for the Texas/Oklahoma weather. Great for layering and u will not beat the price for the quality merchandise Teresa provides.   :clapper:

Online TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Just a thought but I use a leafy jacket along with a ghillie bonnie. I can wear anything under the leafy jacket. You can buy warm clothes that are not camo at a cheaper price usually.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Hey Justin I've always had good luck with Linton Outdoors if I needed some First Lite
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
What ever you chose it should be very quit. I would rather have a quit wool shirt from goodwill than a high dollar noisy camo shirt.

Most of my stuff is wool. My favorite out fit is a solid brown pendelton wool shirt with green wool pants from the army surplus store.

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
If I had to replace all my hunting clothes, I would probably go for whatever is most reasonably priced, whether it is commercial camo, military surplus or wool, at least for the outer layer. The key is base layers. That is where I would put the money. I like skiers' silk underwear combined with merino wool.
Sam

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
Material has been covered for an outer pattern I think there are only 2 to consider; ASAT & Predator.
SWA Spyder

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
More and more and more, I am going toward old school. Simple. Last night I watched my neighbor checking traps in his pasture. I felt bad for his son. They were wearing those Key coveralls and sweatshirts. The old man was comfortable no doubt but the kid was miserable. I sat undetected and cold in my treestand. When the does came by I got a shot but missed. Third time this year.

Years ago, I had some LL Bean predator camo that worked well. I don't think a guy should have to mortgage the house to buy camo nor donate plasma.

justin
Hill

Online Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
Wool and I use a golf shirt as an under layer to stop wind penetration.  Have a Cam-Woolflage vest as a top layer under the leafy suit.  Have to agree with ASAT and Predator.  And Goodwill plaid wool shirts.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Paul Cousineau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »
I like cabelas wooltimate or berber fleece. They come with the option of windstopper, which helps with warmth but I find it a little noisy. I also really like first lites stuff.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©