3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nock Point Question  (Read 412 times)

Offline Tradbow Guy

• Trad Bowhunter
Nock Point Question
« on: December 31, 2014, 03:43:00 AM »
Hey guys im a fairly new (To traditional) shooter. I was trying to bare shaft tune my new Hoyt GameMaster II off the shelf and it seems like I get nock high no matter what i do, to varying degree. The straitest I have been able to get it is at 5/8" high. I have seen people say this is an acceptable knocking point but it sure does look odd for my arrow to sit ont he shelf and point so far down into the ground, is this normal? Also worth nothing, the arrows are a little stiff ont he spine, giving me a slight nock right, not sure if this can affect the height as well? I am by no means a pro shooter barebow but I feel my release is pretty good on most shots, so I do not think that is having any effect.

Offline BRichards

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nock Point Question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 04:36:00 AM »
Hi.Are you shooting 3 under or split? 3 under tends to like a higher Nock point.
Plus you might want to look at your shelf and make sure you are not getting any arrow contact on the riser. I like to glue up a few pieces of leather and shape it with a knife and sand paper and glue that on to the shelf so you have a nice radius for the arrow to clear the bow. A couple of small adhesive Velcro dots (loop type) on the side and top for the arrow to run on and you have a good rest. Then set your Nock point. Also brace height may come in to it so have a play and you will get those shafts flying straight.
Brian
Brian Richards

Offline happy1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
FWIW here's how I set up my Gamemaster. One thick felt furniture pad cut in half, one half stuck on shelf, the other half on the sight window covering the plunger hole. With a bow square, come back square from the top of the shelf pad, then up 5/8" and tie on a nock point. Nock your arrow below this point. I then tie another point below the arrow nock leaving about 1/16" clearance, to eliminate the chance of arrow slipping down the string on release( which I suspect could be your problem) causing the arrow to bounce off the shelf throwing it nock-high. I shoot 3-under, so your nock point may need to be a little lower if you shoot split but should get you close.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©