3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Binocular Harness Recommendations  (Read 801 times)

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Binocular Harness Recommendations
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
That Rick Young harness looks interesting.  Like to hear some reviews from guys that  have worn them all day for a week.
T ZZZZ

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I recently bought a Kuiu harness.  Have only used it about 5 days so far but think I am really going to like it.

I really dislike the standard rubber eye piece cups and wanted something that protect the binos from abuse while hunting and keep the lenses dry in any kind of weather.  The Kuiu's do both very well.  Getting them out of the harness works well one handed.  Putting them back isn't as smooth as I wish,  but is getting better with practice.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »
KUIU, functional.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
I really like the FHF gear binocular harness system.  I've used lots of different types and really like these.  Here is a   link  to a review I did a while back.
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline ShadeMt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 05:34:00 AM »
After seeing how well my buddy's KUIU harness worked on an elk hunt I bought one this past spring. I have not been disappointed at all. The binos are held tight to the body plus are covered from the elements and dust.  Another plus to that type of encasing harness is that when my binos are stuffed in a pack or being transported on a trip they are protected as well without needing a separate case.

Offline La flecha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 05:34:00 AM »
I struggled with trying to decipher differences between the many rigs.  One thing I DID know was that I didn't want something big and clunky.  If so, i'd just wear a fanny pack on the front!  

I finally looked long and hard at Kuiu which seems to fit all my criteria - except one.  I want to be able to retain the bino neck strap and also have the harness be fully attached when binos are removed.  By luck, I stumbled into Oregon Pack Works and their Bino Bro.  Let's just say I liked it enough that after ordering one for my 8x42's, I ordered another for my little 8x20's and an extra pouch for the RF!

I'll try to get some pics this weekend.  Oh, and the customer service if over the top.  Owner obviously CARES about what he does and is totally hands-on.  I love finding craftsmen like that which also have top-drawer products ;-)

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
For smaller glass I've never found or observed a better way than ChuckC's first option.  I've been wearing mine this way for a loonngg time -over left shoulder, across body, under right arm for right handed shooter.  Out of the way, protected under your arm from rain if needed, easily accessed and stored, and quiet.  I wouldn't even touch a system that took 2 hands to work.

Leave one end of the string a bit long, and fiddle with length till you find what works best for you.

Cheap, too.... but some folks figure it ain't no good if it isn't expensive    :rolleyes:  

R

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »
Lots of paracord bino strap makers out there. That's the way I carry mine around my neck under my left arm. Paracord braid slides real nice.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I use one of the typical bino harnesses when gun hunting. It's handy, keeps my binos out of the way, especially my 8.5x45 glass. I just don't like it for bow hunting, where I have a fear of the string snagging. For bow hunting, I use a lighter 6x30 set of binos and like the over the shoulder - under the arm on my string hand side.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »
I've tried a bunch and have actually come back to just the factory strap over one side so the rest under my left arm.  I liked my binos stuck in a Hill People Gear chest pack before that.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
I have made a complete switch over to Kuiu harnesses (I now own 3 of them).  Fit, functionality and protection are the best I have encountered.  

Do yourself a favor and try as many harnesses as you can, to get an idea of what you are looking for, and or, prefer.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Online Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 08:41:00 PM »
eh nothing fancy, just a paracord strap (need a collared shirt or its painful) I keep them under my arm.
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
I got some nice glass this year and I put them in a FHF Gear harness. I'm very happy with the purchase.
Thom

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
i use alaska guide creations bino harness, would'nt leave home with out it!

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
i use alaska guide creations bino harness, would'nt leave home with out it!

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
I have used the Kuiu and there are a great option.  I just wish they would get some inventory in.
T ZZZZ

Offline 1flyfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
Crooked Horn harness is a great one also. Online for 20.00 dollars
JD Berry Morningstar
Howard Hill Tembo
McBroom ASL
"Keep em flying straight"

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 03:39:00 PM »
I only tried a few always went back to the shoe lace across the shoulder you can carry them under you arm to protect them from rain or push them all the way back to get them out of the way ,completely functional with one hand.they never come off even in a tree stand. just push them behind you when you bent at the waist to shoot.
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »
Well thanks to this thread I bought a Rick Young bino harness! After two seasons of whitetail hunting I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY! I love this harness! It's everything the promo video says and more! So I ended up buying a pair of Vortex semi compact 8x32 diamond backs WITH BINO LOCKS, and a RY bino harness. It can do every thing talked about in this discussion from multiple positions to being compact easily wrapped up and put in day pack when not in use! I can't give enough stars to this harness. Nope have no afflation with them just a great product.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©