3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: If It ever stops raining!!!  (Read 355 times)

Offline Jeff Hren-Renegade

• Trad Bowhunter
If It ever stops raining!!!
« on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
Well If it ever stop's raining at the same time that i have time to go out, I Might get to go hunting! Hopefully the weather man is off in my favor by about a hour tomarrow morning & I will get to go out for the first Deer hunt of the fall... At least for me!!!!!!!
  Good luck all!!!!

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: If It ever stops raining!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
Good luck Jeff, all i saw last night was a few wet turkeys, and one was holding a longbow.   :goldtooth:
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
be thankful you have rain, Jeff...we are down about 33 inches here and there's nothing in the forecast..only 1927 and 1931 were drier than this year for us...I won't ever complain about rain again.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
It's so hot and dry here, the deer done withered up and blew away   "[dntthnk]"
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
Not that bad up Northeast...but it's bad. They cut corn for silage..not nuff to cob/kernel any off!

I keep waiting on the game commission to close us for fear of fire hazard...   :scared:

Sat. they're callin fer 84 here...I need lessons from JC & Ray on how's to hunt in such gawdawful heat!    :banghead:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »
I was just going to say "Stop bragging about having rain" We just got our first real rain all summer the other day. Things got green again for a bit but no mor rain has come since last week. Pretty soon it will be like a desert here in Ohio.

LOL

Good luck Jeff!
Jason Lester

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
Doc Nock, I was just getting fired up for hunting here since its only getting up to 84! Feels almost chilly!

Offline electric blues

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
almost everything in withering up and dieing here. leaves are falling, some already yellow, most just dry brown, the grass, flowers, and vines are either dead or dieing. and the worst thing, I havnt found deer eatinf anything except my neighbors feeder, they've abandoned my house for the river. I'm part indian, maybe I'll learn to rain dance.

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
We are floating away;we had 13 inches last week and 5 inches today. Tom said he was going to bass fish in the yard or plant rice.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline FAIRCHASE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Send some of that RAIN to Vermont, it's been real dry and we could use about three day's of steady soft rain to start. Regards, Carl

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
we could all you can send here to Va. as well.  if we don't get some soon we could loose some time in the woods, as in closing the season due to high fire risk. we had it almost happen back in the 80's, but luckily it rained the evening before the opening day of bow season.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline jfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
I remember that year Palface, seems like it was about 1989? I actually think this year it is even drier?  If rain doesn't fall soon I will be surprised if they don't close some areas again this year.

Offline Jeff Hren-Renegade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
Well folks we got some rain up here but it was a very dry summer. The farmers that didn't irrigate there fields got nothing & just disced it under. we had corn & Soy bean fields that were brown in August.
  If I could send some of it down to you folks I would. We are still something like 5"- 10" below normal for the year.
 Hope you get some rain so they don't shorten your season.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »
Shoot, it has been raining here everyday for the past 3 and a half months. Wish ya'll would take it away. I am sick of rain.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »
Jeff I would love to have your problem. The well that supplies my house with water is very very low. I'd love to have a good weeks worth of rain. If I get it I'll do more than just hunt in it.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rick McGowan:
Doc Nock, I was just getting fired up for hunting here since its only getting up to 84! Feels almost chilly!
Sorry Rick...didn't mean to leave you out of the potential mix for mentoring on how to enjoy the heat and guttin critters!  :knothead:    :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©