3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cold and windy!  (Read 549 times)

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Cold and windy!
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
Vacation started this week but so far it has not been to great of weather. If it is not the Arctic cold front, it's the heavy winds. Or both.

I decided to just take a hike up over the ridge today, man it was cold and windy, and not to much in the way of deer tracks either.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cold and windy!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »
It takes some steady wind to stretch Old Glory out like this. It was steady today........

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
This road runs east & west on top of the ridge. Looks like someone was heading back to there property.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
You guys that hunt in this stuff,well, I tip my hat to you. You must have skin thicker than a Rhino and some really good circulation.

Hopefully it will warm up just a bit and this wind will die down by the end of the week.  Good Hunting,
                                                   Craig

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
18 above 0 .it's supposed to warm to  that here by Sunday. Drop that needl about 40 degrees lower to about -22 then add a  -40  wind chill. That's what I got to wake up to this morning. The plus side is deer season is over so I felt no guilt on not wanting to go humting
Still had to go to work though.
It is amazing how we acclimate to weather through out the season. When the first 20 degree day happens in October We say wow cold out today. This time of year when it's 20 we say  it's nice out we should go out and do something.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
Yea man, wicked cold with the wind. Lucky for me, I have been too busy to hunt so far this week. Good excuse to wimp out.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 02:57:00 AM »
its frigid here in north central indiana! i know i wouldnt be deer hunting in this if i could be!! i already have to work in it!
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 05:36:00 AM »
right now below 18 wind temps here and zero degrees with no wind in the back yard,, its the wind I hunted in some very cold stuff but that long steady wind breeze you know the one that never stops I don't care how much wool I'm wearing it eventually makes it thru.

don't have to work directly in it but my sister is an ironworker and she's on her way in now.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Birdbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
Enduring this snap right along with you guys - right now -13, wind chill -34. Took a hike yesterday and was worth it. Saw a couple cow moose and a doe. Noisy crusted snow conditions made for very loud going but the critters didn't rise from their beds until I was close. Probably thought I was another moose moving around, couldn't believe a human would be out and about!
Unadulterated truth is not pablum.

A simplification of means and an elevation of ends is the goal. Antoine de St.-Exupery

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
Down hear in western Kentucky the temp this morning iw 3 degree with chill of -10.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Brutal down here in central Arizona, too. I had to wear long pants and a jacket yesterday until about 9AM! You gotta be tough to snowbird.

If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
Hi monkeyball, I like your pics, but I wish some of you Northern boys would come down here and take your cold, winter weather back up where it belongs. This is supposed to be the sunny south. You know, sunny as in WARM. Right now it is about 15 degreees. I think I will stay inside today.
Sam

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
Man centaur, hope you can make it through that weather. Not fit for man nor beast! Good luck.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
Hi Craig. No warmer down here. Guess I'll go to work.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
-12 degrees here this am and windy. If the season was open I still would stay in bad....   :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
It was the rare day I had a chance to hunt and decided, "No, thanks, too cold."
Jim

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by GreyGoose:
It was the rare day I had a chance to hunt and decided, "No, thanks, too cold."
I have decided the same for this weekend Jim. Not worth it with no buck tag. Sunday evening looks like it won't be too bad. I am waiting until then.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I was going to Iowa(1 hr away) today but wind gusts to 45 and snow will make the drive bad. I've only got to go 3 days in this late season, 25-40 wind chills just don't allow sitting very long. High temps for tomorrow are predicted at -5F.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
Did the top again today. 14 degrees at 3pm, not as much wind and a few more sets of tracks crossing here and there. By what you guys are saying it sounds like it is cold all over.

Longbow 58, glad to see you up and running. Let's get together this spring at one of the shoots. I would even motor down to Camp Mack if you want to meet there. Take care guys...and stay warm!

Good Shooting,
                                                               Craig

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
2 degrees actual temp with 25-30 mph winds and an expectant foot of snow on the way for the Lake Michigan shore counties. Gonna be a Looooong ride home from work tonight. Good luck hunting Craig!    :campfire:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©