3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Georgia hogs......more questions page 2  (Read 583 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Georgia hogs......more questions page 2
« on: January 10, 2015, 10:14:00 PM »
Sometime down the road I'm making the move to Georgia to be near my daughter and her growing family. Hunting hogs would a pastime that I plan to indulge in. Just how far north to hogs live in Georgia.    :wavey:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline caligator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Georgia hogs......more questions page 2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
I've seen them all the way up in South Carolina along I-95. I travel to Tn at least two time a year and have seen them right on the edge of the road. A buddy of mine hunted near Estill, SC and they had a a lot running around there. Not real sure about the west side of GA.
The welfare of the state depends upon the morals of its citizens.

Offline CHENRYIV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends with his might that his >>--> may go swift and far.

Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
I hunted them by Estill S.C. but I talking about farther north, like near Lake Lanier or there about. Looking to move near Gainesville maybe....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
Thanks in advance Ron for scouting them out before buying a house, then inviting me down.   :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 02:05:00 AM »
I live near Dawsonville(16 miles from Gainesville) , about 6 miles from Lanier. Check out Dawson and Cohutta WMA's for hogs in the northern part of the state.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »
Northern Ga you'll have a lot of walks in the woods with zero opportunities for a shot before you do get a chance. The good thing is you're only 3 or 4 hour drive time from real good hunting south.
lll

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 08:59:00 AM »
Thanks for the info.......   :thumbsup:

Offline Todd Cook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
I live in N Georgia and drive south to pig hunt. There are pigs all over the state, it's just hard to hunt them in the mountains. They roam a lot in the hills, here today and gone tomorrow. There are deer and bears to hunt in the mountains too,and lots of squirrels, and the country is beautiful.

From Macon south, there are lots of pigs, absolutely a problem in some areas. Those river swamps are a whole other kind of beauty. They roam too, it's just that there are more of them.Also the walking down south is mostly flat.

If you move to Gainsville, look us up , North Ga Traditional Archery.We Have monthly shoots and I'll bet you'll meet some hunters that will point you in the right direction. Lots of us go on hunts together.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
Ron when you get here let me know! I live in Buford about 15 miles south of Gainesville
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
You can likely find hogs in most any part of the state at one time or another, but for consistency, I would say central to southern Georgia would provide the widest range of locations and opportunities. Contact RC. He is the PIG MAN!
Sam

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
Lots of pigs in the n ga mtns if youre willing to walk. Pm me when you get here. I usually know where some are in the national forest.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Hey Ray.......my daughter is in Lawrenceville. She was living in Buford. To all, thanks for the info......

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
ron w, when you get down to Georgia, hook up with some of the TBG members. There are guys all over the state who will be glad to help.
Sam

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 07:06:00 PM »
They are in northern NC so I think you will be safe in most anywhere in the state.
T ZZZZ

Offline hogless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
Their are hogs on most of the wmas in north ga national forestland north of the gainsville

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
Pigs tend to concentrate and expand along river drainages so you may want to look at rivers that run all the way into the southern part of the state where the pigs are more numerous.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
Tony, where are they in northern NC
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
Would like to know about northern nc. Also. The ride  will be closer to. Nj.
Dan Breen

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 12:43:00 AM »
I would rather drive a few hours and hunt a couple days and see pigs than drive a few minutes and walk tough terrain all day and probably see nothing. South Ga rules when it comes to pork.
  I have friends that have lived in the North Ga. mountains all their lives and they are hard core bowhunters. They have killed more pigs on a few hunts in South Ga. than they have the whole while in the mountains.  RC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©