3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great weekend  (Read 455 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Great weekend
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
Started the weekend off by gathering with a bunch of great dedicated trad archers for a winter bow hunt. We made several drives with only a couple of coyotes pushed out. There were too many bird hunters keeping the deer scattered. Still had a great time. Big thanks to Mike Bamboo for putting on a great lunch.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
In order to keep the generations into archery, I took the girls out for some stumping the following day. Life just doesn't get any better.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »
Looks like a great Day!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
Looks like alot of fun to me.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
I gotta get back out there again... Winter Bow in NJ is kinda cool... Stumpin' is right up there too...

... mike ...  :archer2:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!  we ran a couple of drives that we never did and before -and they are promising for sure!--the deer are there!!
--it almost looks like my kid is playing with a phone!but I assure you its sausage!![landjaeger!]
 I see you finished up the weekend strong with the girls too!! good fun!!
Mike

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Looks like fun! Cold, but fun!

Bisch

Offline Slimpikins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
I would love to get a group of guys together and do a drive with traditional equipment. That looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
Working on weekends really suck. I always enjoyed those winter deer drives. Hey Jerry....remember when we left our posts, walked to the road and those 2 bucks crashed across the road behind us.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Bryan Korte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Never have tried the stumping. I just got to get it done one of these days. Looks like a blast.
Any day above ground is a good day!

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Looks like a great time!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
Looks like a great way to spend a weekend!  Nice to get your girls out stumping!     :clapper:

Bernie

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 11:09:00 PM »
Joe, as I remember it, those bucks were a little out of my range, like 80 yards. I think that year turned more into a social event hence the smaller dedicated group we have now.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 01:26:00 AM »
Winter bow is the only thing that could tempt me back to the Northeast.  Miss you guys.

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 01:35:00 AM »
That does look like fun!  I don't think drives would even be legal here.  Are they usually pretty effective way to get a deer?

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:00 AM »
Oxnam, we do silent drives so the deer are not running (hopefully). Last year I had a shot on a buck except that my arrow got deflected by a branch, it was kind of thick there. Several others had shots as well that didn't connect. The type of woods we hunt, it is effective. Mainly it's just a whole lot of fun.

We miss you too Pat. If you ever get back out here, you are more than welcome to join us any time!

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Good deal. Late season silent drives are fun. Stumping with the girls is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »
It looks like you had an excellent weekend Jerry! Glad I was there with you for half of it! Saturday was chilly but bearable. It breaks my heart to see the tremendous lack of deer at Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. I can remember it back in the 80's and even the early 90's. Those days we pushed herds of deer! I'll say this until the end, the initiation of a muzzle loader season, the bear population, the 'Yote population,unlimited does in some zones, and now the Cross bow season has put a tremendous hurting on Jerseys Deer Herd! This Crew here Alex, Mikey Bamboo, Mike Jr., Southpaw Scott, retired school teacher Dave, Bucky,You Jerry, and myself are Die Hard Trad Bow Hunters! I'm sorry  Joe Skippp, Pete, and Vaughn deadsimple couldn't make it. oxnam, to answer your question ,yes it is a very effective way to hunt deer!Just how effective is it? How about a group of muzzleloader guys hunting around this area taking 24 does in the 2 days of early muzzle loader season! Makes me sick! We will do this again before the zone closes! As long as I'm out of work I'm willing to do a weekday too! By the way I saw enough sign on some of the drives to make me feel that way!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 06:37:00 AM »
Next Time out I will be carrying my brand new Kititinny Archery Tank Killer Longbow! Mikey bamboo has developed into one outstanding Bowyer!    :archer:

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
Looks like a great time. It must be a hearty bunch with the weather we have had lately.
Ken Thornhill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©