3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Barry and Gene Wensels occupation  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
Re: Barry and Gene Wensels occupation
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
Mr. Wensel; The kind of Weapons Safety I manage is the stuff that is real hard to conceal or even carry.  By the way at that dinner in SA I tought you said you guys ran a massage parlor?????? Didn't know you were real Dr's.
  :bigsmyl:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
How about that? You can learn something on Trad Gang. I always thought they were flashlight salesmen.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
That's what I love about this site...people give credit where credit is due. I can remember very many moons ago a man named Roger Rothhaar took me under his wing, and blessed me through the years with whitetail habits and woodsmanship. One year, I worked his booth with him, Jane and Ryan at the Michigan Bowhunters rendezvous on an weekend event.
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
I remember setting at the campfire with Roger as a jeep wagoner pulls up with a little short bearded man gets out wearing a cap sideways...you guessed it, Mr. Barry Wensel. I remember thinking I must be the luckiest guy in the world setting with two of my legends telling stories. Of course they had such fascinating stories, and I'm thinking what the heck kind of story can I tell with these two guys? Oh yea I killed this opossum once that had me backed up to a tree. lol give me a break.
Two things really stick out to me about that weekend about Barry... as right off the bat we made a solid friendship. As he introduced him self to me as Barry Wensel, I reached my hand out and said hi I'm George Lynch...as he never missed a step and said in Barry Wensel fashion, never heard of you!!!
The next was at the end of the weekend he was telling me how he enjoyed meeting me and spending time together, and that I had reminded him of a friend of his, named Paul Schafer. Of course I didn't learn till later what a compliment that was.
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
Just as this picture was taken, Barry says I'll shake your hand and pretend like I'm your friend.  They are a ton of fun to be around.  Been on 5 pig gigs I think.  

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
A huge regret of mine, was Barry asking me to stay in touch, and because of several negative things that life had thrown at me...I never stayed in touch.

Well after all these years, I'm finally getting to do one of my life long dreams, and that is moving to Iowa, having my own camp.

Barry, Gene and Roger get ready guys, I'm the best deer dragger east of the Mississippi.
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Online Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
I heard they told their wives they were Chiropractors, just so they had an excuse to leave the house to go deer hunting!!!
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
I'll never forget when I was flying back from who knows where into Detroit...now for those who travel all the time will know what I'm talking about, but all through the airports you get used to seeing business men and women all dressed up in suits or whatever. As I'm walking through Detroit's airport my eyes automatically spot a small bald guy sitting down in jeans and flannel with his shoes off and huge cud of Levi in his mouth.(and yes there was a brown ring).
I remember walking over and saying Gene Wensel how you doing? Very gratuitous, and polite talked to me for over an hour, in fact I had to go to lost and found to get my luggage. Gene was in a layover headed to PA to do a show.
Now that I look back, you know the funny thing was...a woman had the same exact suitcase as mine and grabbed mine off the belt by mistake, and of course they never checked my ticket when I described what mine looked liked. I didn't notice till I got home as my wife went through my suitcase asking me, where in the he$$ did the high heels and the thong underwear come from... lol
Dang those Wensels!!!
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
I bet those thong underwear took some getting used to.

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
No actually it was the high heels.... lol
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
George: Where are you moving to in Iowa? Can I hunt your property? Ha. Welcome to your new home! BW

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Barry: Its Melrose Iowa, right on Rathbun Lake. Its right between Albia and Centerville, my son n law is John Deere's number one mechanic in Leon. He has a bunch of hunting ground...when I was out there at Christmas my daughter wanted to take me over to your place, but it never worked w time.

Buddy, you can hunt w me anytime...plenty of room in the new place.
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©