3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stolen tree stand  (Read 610 times)

Re: Stolen tree stand
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »
I hate thieves!

Sorry this happened to you.

Bisch

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
I've been lucky so far hunting public land but realize it could happen anytime. Use mostly ladder stands and carry them in when no one is around; usually between 1 to 1.5 miles off the beaten path. Seldom spend more than $75.00 on stands for fear of loss.    :campfire:

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
I've had a few stolen myself but living in New York I kind of expect it. What really ticks me off is when they cut your strap hoping you will hurt yourself. It's happen twice to me and I wish I could find out who did it.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
I don't know what you guys are thinking, hunters are the most honorable people in the world, "peal my cold dead fingers from my" and all of that type of people.  However, there must be a real plywood shortage, because I cannot leave a Torges seat behind anywhere and it disappears. Yet considering how many have disappeared, you would think I would catch someone with one of them somewhere.

Offline Broken Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »
Karma, They will get what's coming to them in time!
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »
I had 3 lone wolf climbing sticks, a lock on stand, my bow hanger and safety belt stolen a couple of years back off of my buddies private property. It is a shame some people have no honor especially in the field. Bunch of clowns out there!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Lost my first one this year.  Early snow tipped the tree over.  Took the one section of ladder attached to the tree after a hunt on afternoon.  Planned on getting the stand after the season closed.  Someone else saved me the trouble. Great time to replace it.  I bought two for the price of one on after season close out sale online at Dicks.  Ordered one at time, free shipping. Started a cart, left it for a day or two to decide and they offered me an additional 10%.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »
So far I have been luck with stands.  But I have had two cameras stolen and one broken in the last year.
T ZZZZ

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
Three this year for me. One on state two on private.   :mad:

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
If someone would invent a fake trail-cam that would pepper-bomb a thief when he opened the door...I would be all-in on that.

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
Three of four years a go I had a crappy loc-on hung in a hot spot and some goober took my stand and locked in the cab of his truck,,, his truck still parked on  the property. My climbing sticks, also junk, were left on the tree. Not wanting to break up the set and as his truck was locked, I had only one way of giving him my climbing sticks. I am not sure but those windows looked far more expensive than my setup.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Can't help but think part of it could be antis .
Can't have you harming defenseless Bamby .    :nono:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kevin Dill:
If someone would invent a fake trail-cam that would pepper-bomb a thief when he opened the door...I would be all-in on that.
Kevin, now that is a great idea--don't publicize it, invent it and patent it and you'll be set for life!    :biglaugh:   The only stand I ever had stolen actually may have been a favor to me--it was a Baker climber.  I bet a bunch of guys here remember those--and the famous rash you got when they slipped and fell a few feet while you were hugging the tree to climb.   :eek:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Bill " Wrong way Bill"
Sad to hear my friend, Can I say I hate thieves.
    Leave a Booby trap for them and guess who would get in trouble....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Onehair:
Three of four years a go I had a crappy loc-on hung in a hot spot and some goober took my stand and locked in the cab of his truck,,, his truck still parked on  the property. My climbing sticks, also junk, were left on the tree. Not wanting to break up the set and as his truck was locked, I had only one way of giving him my climbing sticks. I am not sure but those windows looked far more expensive than my setup.
:clapper:
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
It was my favorite climber. Not 300 yards from my house. I don't even remember what brand name it was to try to get another.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Mike, be glad you don't need a stand to hunt beaver.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
sometimes it's a neighbor that don't want you to shoot "their" deer. Usually it's more profitable to steal a stand than to destroy it. It's too bad but I seen both.

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
One of the reasons I like a climbing stand. Tough to steal it with me sitting in it

Offline caligator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 08:02:00 PM »
Guy here in Florida had 4 ladder stands stolen from his club. He took a hack saw and went almost through the top step of another. When he went back the following weekend he said it looked like a murder scene. Needless to say he hasn't had anymore stands disappear!
The welfare of the state depends upon the morals of its citizens.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©