3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Take Down Green Stripe and Fastflight String  (Read 268 times)

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Take Down Green Stripe and Fastflight String
« on: January 19, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »
I have a Bear Green Stripe Take Down bow coming to me this week.  It is supposed to be coming with a factor set of green tip bear limbs and a set of Rose Oak limbs.  Is it safe for the riser to use a fast flight string with the Rose Oak limbs???  Brandon Stahl told me his limbs were fast flight approved i'm just worried if i would do any damage to the riser.  I planned on using B-50 with the factory limbs.  Thanks for your input.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Take Down Green Stripe and Fastflight String
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
I have been using fast flight strings with Rose Oak limbs on vintage Bear risers for many years without any problems.

Feel free to use fast flight with the Rose Oak limbs, and B50 with the vintage limbs. You won't be hurting the riser in any way. You will be impressed at the way the fast flight and Rise Oak combination performs. You will need a higher spine arrow with the Risd Oak limbs. For me, all other things being equal, the Rose Osk limbs need a higher spine group in carbon shafts than the vintage Bear limbs.
Bear TDs are great bows. Have fun with it.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
Can't wait to see pics  :) )
ISAIH 41:10 ROMANS 10:13
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by smokin joe:
I have been using fast flight strings with Rose Oak limbs on vintage Bear risers for many years without any problems.

Feel free to use fast flight with the Rose Oak limbs, and B50 with the vintage limbs. You won't be hurting the riser in any way. You will be impressed at the way the fast flight and Rise Oak combination performs. You will need a higher spine arrow with the Risd Oak limbs. For me, all other things being equal, the Rose Osk limbs need a higher spine group in carbon shafts than the vintage Bear limbs.
Bear TDs are great bows. Have fun with it.
I have many sets of RO limbs and one of my prefered bows is a Green Stripe handle with RO limbs,they are been on this riser for 4 years now and I have taken quite a few games with a skinny ff string from AS, the bow is VERY quiet and fast. Go for it!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the great information guys.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©