3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wild Things website update!  (Read 759 times)

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
Wild Things website update!
« on: January 19, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Wild Things Hunt Schedule 2014-2015  is updated as of this morning!

If you want one of the remaining openings, it's best to call Andrew directly. His cell phone number is on the    Contact  page.

I also created a new  FAQ  to share my experiences and observations from my time hunting the property. Hopefully that information is helpful to people new to this type of hunting.

58 days until I return to the swamp...
    :archer2:  
Thom

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wild Things website update!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
Thom,

Really good information on that FAQ page. Our groups list of equipment is similar. One thing we always discuss on the way home is how to lighten our load next time. Hunting light is the way to go.

See you in 58 days.  :)

You have email.

Dave
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Good Stuff!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Good job, Thom.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
Thanks for looking it over guys, I appreciate the review and feedback!

Email replied Dave, I can't wait!
Thom

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
Looks like a good time and not to far from me.  Maybe one day I will make my way up there.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14 KJV

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Good stuff!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
Andrew is genuine nice guy, felt like home the minute I arrived. I really look forward to seeing him again someday. Plenty of Hogs to boot.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
I had a nice conversation with Andrew this evening. The hogs have responded well to his hard work with lots of sightings and close encounters.

I do believe this will be the year the tribe finally brings home something besides great memories!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
I clicked on our site, and have to say very impressed with the entire package.  Your web site is outstanding.

Thanks for the really great effort

steve
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Wow, thanks Steve. I normally feel a little bad about how my photography and coding skills really don't do the place justice.

Thanks for the other alumni comments and suggestions! I will be adding a few items to that gear list in the next day or so.

Dave, with light pressure coming into our week I've got pretty high hopes too. Hopefully spring doesn't come too early and they are still predictably hitting the known food sources when we show up!
Thanks all!
Thom

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 10:38:00 PM »
Hip waders might not be a bad idea if you want to swamp it. Waters were high in late Dec. I also heard waters were higher since.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Yeah Bud, they got 3 more inches of rain last week too. Water is still up to the road between the parking area and the turkey foot. Your blind has to be pretty wet right about now!

I added flashlights and knives to the list this morning. Thanks to the fellas for pointing out their absence. Also I turned all those links into the kind that open in a new window so you don't lose your spot on the page.

As for them hip waders.... man, I'm not sure I want to go into any gator country deeper than my rubber boots will handle!!! I start getting a little nervous about the time I get ankle deep in the black water. You ever see any alligators there?
Thom

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
Thom,
A little note about the importance of using Permanone to prevent tick problems might be worth it. As you know, Permanone also works for chiggars (the scourge of the woods) and skeeters. Since I started using Permanone on my hunting clothes I have not had any tick and chiggar problems. I have some good website info if you want a link.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
We saw enough gators on our last trip to keep me out of the water. I saw a 11 footer laying across the swamp road at the weir on a Labor Day visit two years ago.

No need for me to take hip boots! If you do decide to go into the water you better make sure your will is up to date.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »
Howdy Joe! I did have a section about Permethrin (active ingredient) but it was mixed in the bug repellent section. Refresh the page and see if that stands out a little more. Please send that link and I'll put it in there! This FAQ page is really coming along, thanks to everyone who is sharing their thoughts!

I've never seen a gator as big as that Dave, but I've seen enough that I'm careful where I go fly fishing around there!
Thom

PS I talked to Andrew today and the Trad Gangers in camp this weekend have already seen hogs. Weather is bad, but hog movement is very good. Crossing my fingers for the guys!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
In crossing some of the canals to high ground (dry ground to dry ground), knee boots won't do it. I'll grab a canoe otherwise  ;)  In late Dec there were spots just off the Mile Pine Rd that were deeper than knee deep.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »
Thom:
I sent you a PM with some good permethrin information to add to the FAQ page.

Bud, yep some of those little canals along the "mile-o-pines" can fill up pretty fast, and get very deep.

Can't wait to get back to Wild Things.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
Funny thing Joe, I was up near a feeder and no canals nearby....lots of water. I had to detour to get back out to the road. Back in Oct there was no sign of water anywhere near it. It was reeeeal dry. I was maybe 75 yards into the woods from the Mile Rd.

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »
Web site looks very nice!!  See you guys in a couple of months.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©