3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME Broadhead Sharpener Question.  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
KME Broadhead Sharpener Question.
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »
For all of you that are using the KME Broadhead Sharpener, can this be used for double bevel heads or is it only designed for single bevel heads?  I am seriously considering buying one but the only heads I have now are VPAs double bevel.  I will be getting some single bevel as well, but want a sharpener that can sharpen both.  Looking forward to your replies!

Bill-
Luke 10:18-20
>>>---------->

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME Broadhead Sharpener Question.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
The KME will put devastating edges on single or double bevel heads... it's not intended for 3 blades though.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline karrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:
The KME will put devastating edges on single or double bevel heads... it's not intended for 3 blades though.
:thumbsup:
Kevin Day

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am looking forward to using one.
>>>---------->

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
yep...listen to Charlie!!!

Offline JD Page 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
I must not know what I am doing because for all the time I have spent trying to sharpen my Stingers with the KME I could have got the same results with a $5.00 carbide hand sharpener. I have watched all the videos and used numerous types of stones including diamond / Arkansas. I am about to throw in the towel!
Assenheimer 62" 56 @ 28
Silvertip 60" 53 @ 28

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
JD give Ron a call KME. When the call is finished you'll have the "the" touch. He is always more than happy to help.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline JD Page 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
Just got a nice message from Ron (Great guy) I am going to call him Friday and see what I have been doing wrong. Thanks Charlie!
Assenheimer 62" 56 @ 28
Silvertip 60" 53 @ 28

Offline Harleywriter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Maintaining the same angle through the entire process is crucial and the KME helps you do just that.
Schafer Silvertip; Mahaska longbow; Highwood Hunter; Bear Super Kodiak and way too many others

Offline Florida bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »
I paid 42.00 dollars for a kme, and to be honest i can do a better job with a ceramic stick sharpener, i spent nearly 3 hours trying to sharpen single bevels with the kme and never could.....

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 02:16:00 AM »
Florida, you must be doing some thing wrong. my broadheads are so sharp you get cut from looking at them using KME.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by Florida bowhunter:
I paid 42.00 dollars for a kme, and to be honest i can do a better job with a ceramic stick sharpener, i spent nearly 3 hours trying to sharpen single bevels with the kme and never could.....
Me too, when I was founder and President of Can't Sharpen $hix, International.  Then I broke down and called Ron. He talked/walked me through the process and the light went on.  I was quitting the first run, first side, too quickly.  I was trying to change bevel on a HARD head and I got bored, so I quit and used other stones and all I did was polish up a dull edge.

If it doesn't cut hair on the coarsest stone, it's not ready to change stones!  That, at least, was MY big issue...

Ron since got better stones and diamond stones that are more aggressive, but with proper orientation, even the old stuff served me well.

Try a call. All you have to loose is time to learn to use a great tool properly!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
I have one , great concept & well made tool, but I have no luck with it. I think a wide stone would help alot? KY  :archer:

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
Thanks everyone. If anyone is having difficulty with any of our stuff, please give me a call. I'm here pretty well chained to my desk every M-F from about 6 AM till at least noon (eastern). There's not much in life that I know a whole lot about, but I really do enjoy passing on what little I do know. Thanks again,

Ron

800 561-4339
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
Doc Nock said it best and Ron is ready,willing,and more than able to service what he sells......  :readit:  

Thank you Ron for making and servicing a product line that rids us all of the excuses for a dull head or knife. Makes us all more humane and happier when it it time to dress out God's bounty....  :notworthy:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
As Camless said... call Ron.

I wasn't kidding when I said I couldn't sharpen ShiX... Can't shoot long shots on a pool table either, but KME helped me--well, with the sharpening part anyway.  Still can run a long ball on the pool table for nuttin!

It was the tiny details. Devil's in the details and nowhere more than in trad archery!! Only fitting a product made for us would also require attention to detail, So, Scott, if you're "Stubbin your Stub toe" call Ron and quit letting a great product lie fallow in your drawer etc.

It was so simple what I wasn't doing, but in defense, I was trying to do it on super hard steel head and wasn't getting anywhere...stones have improved since and now most companies are offering a 25* bevel on their heads!

Anty up and watch the scales fall off your eyes and the great AH-HA! Come to life, Scott!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JD Page 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Ron is simply put, a great guy! He is someone I would be proud to call a friend. He not only cured my sharpening issues with some patience and simple instructions, he talked to me like a friend. KME is the Best Sharpener bar none, also with the best support I have ever experienced.
Thanks again Ron..
john page
Assenheimer 62" 56 @ 28
Silvertip 60" 53 @ 28

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
Well, I placed an order today and it should arrive next week.  Thanks for all who gave their input on this thread.  It is great knowing if I have an issue I can call Ron and gain some of his insight.  Looking forward to what this sharpener will do to my broadheads!

Bill-
>>>---------->

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Post your results when you get it. Pictures if you can do it.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
KME broadhead sharpener without a doubt gives the fastest and sharpest blade I've ever achieved.  I didn't care for the small stones so I use a full sheet of the rubber backed sandpaper on a peice of glass. I start on 120 grit, move to 220, and end on 400. Strop on cardboard after that. Coat the blade with sharpie ink to prevent rust. I only use double bevel blades. Am a bit confused on how to remove the burr on a single bevel.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©