3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Selway Archery?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
Selway Archery?
« on: January 20, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
Looking at a slide on quiver for my recurve. Selway Archery  makes one. Anyone have experience with one? Just slides over each limb, pretty simple.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Selway Archery?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
I think the strap on is much better... the shape of your limb makes a big difference on the slide on version, and i don't like that big screw on nut they use.

here is the selway strap on...

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
what is a decent strap on quiver? At a reasonable price. say under 100$?
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline 2nocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
I have a slide on it's a great quiver. Stays put and doesn't move.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
either Thunderhorn or Selway or EFA.  They all make some great quivers, but all have slightly different features.  

some use rubber straps, some use velcros, it is all what you want.  

What I would do is get the one you can get the best deal on! Buy used, unless you just want to drop $100 on a quiver.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
thanks gents!

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
Gordy makes a top of the line quiver in models from slide on to bolt on and t.d.  I've had the slide on quiver on my bow for more than 12 yrs. and it is still like new.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
good deal.

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »
Been using the Selway slide on quivers for years. They are tough and look great.

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
I love the Selway slide on models and you can get them cheap used. I rarely see Selway strap-on models used, and I think they're pretty pricey brand new.

For a strap-on quiver, you can beat Big Jim's quiver. It's $60 brand new, and they are rock solid. You won't find a better quiver for the money brand new.
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 02:17:00 PM »
I won a slide on for a story contest on another site and it is awesome . Very well constructed and holds the arrows very well .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
I bought the Thunderhorn Lynx strap on quiver for my new Tall Tines recurve that's on the way.

The Lynx quiver straps which I prefer, the quiver sits closer to the riser which helps balance, and the shafts can be situated in such a way to keep the fletching angled which really helps
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
Been using slide-on Selways for years.  Excellent quivers.  There are two sizes, a narrower limb slot for longbows and a wider one for recurves.  Slide them up into the fades a bit and they stay put.

Offline Steve56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
I have two--both on longbows. Found one on E**y last week for $70 (they're $110 at 3Rivers). It arrived today and went directly onto my Thunder Child. I have had Big Jim's strap-on quiver on the bow for a month and a half but wasn't entirely happy with it. His quiver was stout on the bow and held the arrows securely but the curved design of the arrow shaft clip put the two end arrows closer to the bow than I like. The Selway slide-on fits perfectly and has a straight line design of arrow shape clips. Gives me more room between the arrow shafts and the bow. When I am in the stand I switch hands when holding the bow and the Selway slide-on allows enough room for that.
Steve56

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Have 2. Like them both, stay put on my recurves. Like others said, get them past the fades on your limbs

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
The one referenced above with the large rubber nut isn't the slide on, it's the quick detach.  I tried it and had poor luck with it moving.  

The actual slide on is my favorite for both recurves and longbows.  I'm partial to the 4 and 5 arrow models.

The slide-on should stay put unless you've got awfully thin limb butts (like a very light draw-weight ILF limb) or mighty steep fades.  I've never had a problem except for a bit of slipping on ILF limbs in the 20-30 pound range (kids bows).

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
Big jim carries a nice strap on quiver for a good price.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
He also has a video showing you how it works.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
Big jim carries a nice strap on quiver for a good price.

This X2! And a great guy!   :D    :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cootling:
The one referenced above with the large rubber nut isn't the slide on, it's the quick detach.  I tried it and had poor luck with it moving.  

The actual slide on is my favorite for both recurves and longbows.  I'm partial to the 4 and 5 arrow models.

The slide-on should stay put unless you've got awfully thin limb butts (like a very light draw-weight ILF limb) or mighty steep fades.  I've never had a problem except for a bit of slipping on ILF limbs in the 20-30 pound range (kids bows).
Thanks for clarifying that bro... I guess i haven't seen the slide on version. I still have  one with the giant nut i just don't use on anything.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©