3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelke Super D Questions  (Read 1522 times)

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toelke Super D Questions
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
The grip on your Super D is different from your recurve, your hand should be a straight extension of your forearm. The draw weight should be evenly distributed along the heel of your hand. I grip mine firmly enough that I have control of the bow after the shot. Make sure you don't grip the bow so high that the skin on top your index finger is above the shelf.

Offline neargeezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
Snakebit40, whenever I start having that problem it is usually my fingers on the string. For some reason I will not keep the finger under the arrow up against it, so when I release the nock slides down the string a little and comes at my hand nock low. Since the arrow is in paradox, the fletchings are over my hand and the edge of the bow. The low fletching cuts my hand.

Take the sloppiness out of my string hand and no more cut bow hand. May be different for you.

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
Put a nock above and below on the string and your arrow won't slide on the string. That's an easy fix. I always double nock my string and get great consistent flight. like Jim said too, make sure the force of the bow is straight through your forearm from the hand. Avoid holding with the upper web of the hand.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2015, 12:09:00 AM »
I really appreciate all the help guys! I'm in the process of getting a perfectly turned arrow for the bow. The arrows I've been shooting was just what I had laying around, I was to anxious to shoot it. So I'm very close to getting a perfect bare shaft and I'll keep you posted what happens with everything once I do.

That being said, I'm going to double up on my nocking point, and I did notice a difference with feather cut when I had a loose string hand. So I think with all this tomorrow I'll be shooting one sweet bow pain free. Thanks again for your help!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©