3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ed Pitchkites  (Read 691 times)

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ed Pitchkites
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
Sorry to hear Ed is gone and sorry for your loss. The last time I saw him at Cloverdale was right after he wrote his book. I told him I wanted to buy a book. He responded "I'll sell you a book but I have to go to the car and get one, and I won't autograph it" He was only joking and autographed the book. He also gave me one of his dream catcher arrowheads. He was one of a kind, God broke the mold when he made Ed Pitchkites.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »
My thoughts and prayers for Ed and family   :pray:

Online bluemelonchitlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
I am saddened deeply to hear of Ed's passing.
Several years ago his book got passed around to be read along with a small notebook in which your thoughts could be added,with the notebook being sent to Ed after his book had been read.
Your brother was kind enough to send me some homemade dreamcatchers,an autographed book,and two cassettes with his stories recorded onto them. I had the pleasure of talking with Ed on the phone which was an enormous pleasure.
Revelation 3:20

Offline Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
What a man, have a bunch of cd's and a few cassettes tapes Ed would send with his wit and wisdom,big loss for all that new him and "trad" bowhunting camp.Thoughts and prayers to his family!
He will be missed but not forgotten.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
I sent Ed a card once at the request from another TG'er and Ed was kind enough to send me a copy of his book some cassette tapes and a handmade dream catcher.

I was going through some things a couple of weeks ago and ran across his book. I wondered how he was. I wish I had contacted him before his passing. I always wanted to meet Ed in person and thank him.

So sorry for the loss of your Brother. The Traditional Archery community will miss him.

bretto

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 04:51:00 AM »
Ed's obituary and funeral arrangements are at this link, Joyce my condolences to your Family. I will miss Ed and my mailbox will never be the same.

http://m.tribstar.com/obituaries/edward-t-pitchkites/article_db6f6c11-9c97-5c67-8453-04ab845aff7f.html?mode=jqm
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:00 AM »
Joyce, I am very sorry to hear the news... AND for your loss!

I really enjoyed and appreciated the hours I spent with Ed over the years and the correspondence we traded.

Jerry Pierce introduced me to Ed at Cloverdale about 20 years ago.  I'd love to think that they are enjoying a campfire or a bow-and-arrow squirrel hunt together somewhere.

Thanks so much for letting us know.  

RIP, my friend!

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »
Traxx, I didn't know him, and sad to say, I didn't know of him but, from what is written hear that is really too bad for me. I will make it a point to try and find his writings and , also from what is written here if we're both good and do the right thing, we'll both get to meet him but, yet again hopefully not for many, many years.

Rest in peace, condolences to the family and his friends.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
Joyce, so very sorry to hear of your loss.
I did not have the privilege of knowing Ed, but when I read his name it struck a chord somewhere in my memory of seeing a picture of him in Jay Massey's book "The Bowyer's Craft." After searching through my copy I found on page 142 a great photo of Ed shooting his longbow. In the chapter that follows Jay speaks highly of Ed's skill with the longbow. That photo and Jay's praise for Ed have stuck with me for 25 years now.
Please accept my most sincere condolences.
Rest in peace, Ed!

Offline Butch L

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
My condolences to you for your loss. I had not heard of Ed before your post, but from the responses I fear that is my loss, one that I hope to change.

My Prayers are with you.

Butch
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
Just received these pics from Jim Avelis in an email. It Was a very nice article about Ed.

Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Online achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »
Thank so much for standing in for me Bill.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
Ed was a great man that did a lot for traditional archery. I have one of his dream catchers that he gave me hanging above my work bench in my shop. That reminds me of him everyday while I'm working on bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©