3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How Many Arrows Has The Zwickey Judo Saved?  (Read 599 times)

Offline Trond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How Many Arrows Has The Zwickey Judo Saved?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
Not that it has become a problem yet, but is it possible to replace the springs on a judo? Been shooting judo tipped arrows for a while, and they are just great. But they are quite expensive, so they could be worth repairing once they finally break.
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Samick Red Fox 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Offline Trond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Ooops! Double post.
BearPaw Cayuga 66", 37# @29"
Samick Red Fox 64", 35# @28"
"The more you work, the luckier you get." Byron Ferguson

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by KYArcher:
Are you guys using glue ons with inserts to match heavier broadheads?
Yes....mine weigh the same as my bheads...175gr.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »
Not many products that will get nothing but praise! And yes they have saved me many arrows How bout a big round of applause to Zwickey   :clapper:   Oh and to fully appreciate their durability try one of the copies, you'll only do it once.

Online Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »
Trond, we were breaking the wires on the Kondor (larger size Judo) points occasionally and Zwickey said the wires could not be replaced.

Offline Firstlight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
It would be a sad day stumping without a judo on a flu - flu.

I have judo's on many arrows.

On a few broken judos (and slightly bent shafts) I have replaced the missing judo wire with paperclips, which are better than nothing.
I know, sounds funny but when you stump shoot in a place nicknamed "rock hunting", you get the idea.

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
On rear occasions I have had them snake under.  I had one last week hide from me close to the house.  Went back after dark and found it right away.  How, by using a UV black light.  If you use white or chartruse feathers and nock the tiniest bit will glow.  I have used it to find arrows after shooting deer and couldn't find it during the day.  Light cost $10.

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »
I also like to use hammer heads for the bunnies because they get through the brush better.  That said I shoot or have shot a lot of judo's.  Just a few that happen to go into a box that I have worn out.  

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
WOW!! That's a   LOT of Judos!! Funny this thread is up at this time. Last night, I was out in the backyard, shooting my 3D Teddy Bears and Funky Stuffed Gorilla, using my Judo Arrows. I got bored, here it comes, so I found an empty catfood can in the yard. I set it on a Hunk of concrete and steadied it with a rock. I paced off 20 paces, which is about 28" per, I got short legs. It was getting dark enough I could barely see the white inside of the can.
   I drew back and let fly......I   SEE a Spark and   HEARD the can go off the concrete!! I went trucking up and there was the can, a perfect round hole on the inside bottom edge!! There on the Hunk of 'crete lay the last 8 or 9 inches of my arrow. Fletching and nock intact, but I could NOT find the Front Half!!    :scared:  
      I want the Judo head back!! I was out with a Flashlight, Lord knows where it went. the Whole Arrow Shaft was painted Bright Rustoleum Yellow, shouldn't be hard to find right? WRONG?? It was a Great Shot and I was excited to have actually   HIT  SEE  the Can!! But losing the Judo kinda let the Air outta my Balloon real fast. Last night....it snowed. I hope I can find it, I have heated and reglued my Judos more than once. terrible to that bummed about losing a $6 Judo, especially after making what I consider an Awsome Shot!! LOL   :thumbsup:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
I've repaired a lot of Judo's that have lost/broken spring arms.
Buy a pack of Scorpios. A little bending here and there with a pair of needle nose pliers and you are good to go... it's not that hard to figure out.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Surewood Steve

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
I too do not remember losing a judo head. About 25 years ago I bought from a dealer a judo look-a-like head.  Yes they were cheaper, never considered again, didn't hold up.  I have said that stump shooting with my judo sometimes gets in the way of my hunting.
"If you don't shoot wood arrows out of your Trad bow it is like taking your split bamboo fly rod and fishing with worms and a bobber."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©