3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new bow? thunderstick  (Read 617 times)

Offline daniel reynolds

• Trad Bowhunter
new bow? thunderstick
« on: October 03, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »
I've been eyeing a new bow . And looking real hard at a thunderstick ramhorn recurve 54''. I need input everybody please.
Obama,what a joke!

Offline daniel reynolds

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new bow? thunderstick
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
well come on.
Obama,what a joke!

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
Thunderstick bows are sweet and Jim Reynolds is a first class bowyer to deal with.  I have never shot his curve but I'm sure it would be a great bow.  Any particular reason you want a 54"?

By all means, shoot him an email or call him on the phone.  He is super friendly and would welcome any questions as well.

Jim
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
Daniel,

I own a 54" Ramhorn, and it is a GREAT little bow.  Lots of early string weight, seems quick to me, quiet, and  it really throws an arrow HARD!  I killed a doe and a nice 9 pointer last fall with mine. It became my go-to bow since I hunted a lot from the ground in heavy cover.  I feel very, very deadly with it in hand.

It is ironic that I even own it, because I bought it after picking up a 54" from Jim's booth at CLoverdale some years ago to explain why I DIDN'T like short bows at my 29" draw.  I pulled it, my eyes opened wide, I pulled it again.... shot it on the test range, and ended up ordering one that day!!  So much for pre-conceived notions.

I've had to leave it on the rack this fall since medical problems have left it too heavy for me, but this bow is a real keeper!  It is amazing that such a little bow handles my longer draw length so well.  I love it, and miss having it in hand.

If you get a chance, shoot one.  If you decide to buy one, you will love working with Jim, and his prices are really great for the classy bow he builds.  He is one of the gentlemen of our sport, and makes some fine bows.  If you don't mind paying EXTRA, tell him I sent you!!!

Best wishes,

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
The 54 inch ramhorn is a surprisingly smooth shooter for a 54 inch bow.I would not  hesitate to get that bow if I was lookin for a short recurve.

Offline daniel reynolds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
I shoot 52'' now and love it for out the stand and in ground blinds.
Obama,what a joke!

Offline daniel reynolds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
And guys I've already ordered last night before i ask the original ? I just wanted to know what everybody had to say HA HA!. The only bad thing is that it's gonna be 6 mo's before I get it. maybe it will be worth it. And he is a super nice guy.And by the way we're not related.
Obama,what a joke!

Offline daniel reynolds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
Does anybody have any pics of that bow you could post other than his website pic? Just curious I 've never seen one of his bows.
Obama,what a joke!

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
I think Tom has a few in at Bearfoot Traditions in Iowa.  He carries alot of Thundersticks.  Might want to give him a call.  Could get what you want without the wait.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©