3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Is this legal?  (Read 744 times)

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is this legal?
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
close to where i live they say you cant shoot any projectile(not even bow,blowgun,bb gun,airsoft,ect)mabye not the last 2,but that doesnt stop me from practicin in my yard.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline KILLER B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
Two years ago when I still lived in michigan I was practicing with my bow in my back yard within city limits.  And a cop drove by and immeadiatly had the car in reverse.  He didn't give me a ticket but warned me if he saw me again he would.  They considered a bow a firearm and could not be discharged within city limits.  Call the game warden to be safe as many others have stated.
Sticks and stones break deer bones.
One final word -Ramalamashamjam-

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
Here in my town and the town that i work in ...there is a municiple sewer pipeline that cuts thru some of the best looking property you can imagine. The city keeps in mowed real nice and they have juricdiction.
Only problem is theres only one way in /out. The local landowners control everything around it.
Kinda bittersweet relationship...seems no one really knows who controls access.Since all the game come off the private property to feed in the mowed grass.
I have seen some nice deer right behind the local grocery store, city park , hospital , walmart , community college , Doctors offices , etc......not to mention the turkeys that i saw at Pizza inn one morning.
It's driving me crazy!!!!!!

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
It would`nt be a state law broken by him hunting but a city ordinance.You should check with the incorporated city that the property is in. Some allow it,some dont. Most big cities in Texas consider the bow as well as a slingshot and air guns to be classed as firearms.The city of Georgetown has incorporated Northfork Lake and the Corp of Engineers property around it yet the Corp has hunts onthe property every year,even though they dont allow hunting inside the city limits.Go figure.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©