3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sold training wheels and new hunting grounds  (Read 271 times)

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
Sold training wheels and new hunting grounds
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:37:00 PM »
I've had a great couple of days even though I'm fighting a cold. I made the decision to fully commit to trad and was able to sell my compound in another forum.  It sold within 24 hours to a guy who is brand new to archery. I offered to help him along to the best of my ability. Future trad archer I'm betting.

For the last 4 years my buddy and I were hunting some private land in Parke county IN. We were told this would be our last year as the farmer has decided to eliminate all his woods so he can do more planting. It wasn't a great spot to begin with but it was something we could call our own.  I had faith something else would open up. Said a prayer of thanks to the Lord for allowing us the opportunity to hunt the land.

My BIL called me this weekend and told me he finally got a settlement he could live with from a lawsuit that I won't bore you with the details. At any rate, the guy he had to sue turned over 42 acres of good hunting land that backs up to a state forest in southern Indiana. Deer, turkey and some ducks according to my BIL. He has no plans of hunting it and told me I have free reign of the place and could bring along 1 other person.

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away and the Lord giveth again. Even in times of turmoil I always feel so incredibly blessed and right now I'm feeling blessed beyond all measure.

Just thought I'd share with my new trad friends. Thanks to you guys for your comments, instruction and opinions. It's given me the confidence to do what I've always wanted, hunt traditional....the hard way. Looks like the Lord has provided, now I've gotta put the work in. Good thing it never really feels like work    ;)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sold training wheels and new hunting grounds
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
good for you! I made the same decision, but have not sold my wheels yet. I do have someone interested, but money talks. I will keep it for sale until it goes.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
Good for you......make the best of it and share the stories.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  I can't wait to have some stories to share!  Hopefully Spring turkey will yield the first trad kill.

VA Elite - Good luck selling the bow buddy.  As I was driving to meet up with the guy I had a moment of uh, what am I doing? but got over it pretty quick lol.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »
yeh I had that moment a few days back, but I told myself if you are going to change the way you hunt you can't do it part time, it's full time commitment.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Good deal on the land!  Sounds nice.  How far south?  I'm near Freetown in Jackson County.  You'll have a blast with your trad bow.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by varmint101:
Good deal on the land!  Sounds nice.  How far south?  I'm near Freetown in Jackson County.  You'll have a blast with your trad bow.
Just outside Austin which is North of Scottsburg.  I've only ever hunted in the central or central/west part of the state.  Southern Indiana seems to be a good place to be with more options aside from Whitetail (although Whitetail will always be my favorite yummy) so I am really excited about the prospect.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
Good for you and congrats on the grounds.  enjoy the journey!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »
There is some good hunting in that area. I would invest in a good pair of hip boots if it is in the bottoms. There is some flooding that goes on there from time to time.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
You will enjoy trad.
Sam

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by meathead:
There is some good hunting in that area. I would invest in a good pair of hip boots if it is in the bottoms. There is some flooding that goes on there from time to time.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll investigate this.

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 03:55:00 AM »
That's awesome! I have a lot of family in Parke co and I've seen some studs dropped there! Good luck in southern Indiana! I used to hunt every year in Switzerland co...way different terrain than I'm used to up north!
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by sheepdogreno:
That's awesome! I have a lot of family in Parke co and I've seen some studs dropped there! Good luck in southern Indiana! I used to hunt every year in Switzerland co...way different terrain than I'm used to up north!
There have been some nice bucks come through Switzerland county the last few years. As you already know, EHD really hit Parke county pretty hard a couple years back. Still some studs there for sure and one of the best big buck counties in Indiana.

Thanks for the well wishes. Much appreciated.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©