3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cari bow Peregrine vs Brush bow  (Read 716 times)

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Cari bow Peregrine vs Brush bow
« on: January 23, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
I am starting to become a bit worried - I think I need to join 'bowaholics anonymous'!#$%&*!!  I have just recieved my awesome little Renegade bow and now I am hankering for just 'one more'.  

I need a two piece takedown - I have my Horne's three piece (but that is a bit heavy for my shoulder at the moment so am not shooting that too much), and my new Renegade is not a takedown.  I still just can't get past that one-piece bow look - fit a bowbolt to it and hey presto, one has the perfect bow.

I would dearly love to order another Renegade Spirit ll from Dave cause it is such an awesome bow, but alas, Dave does not use the bowbolt system!!

I have therefore narrowed my choice down to two bows.  I shoot a very high wrist-grip and the narrow grip on my Horne's three piece longbow does not fit my grip perfectly, I am not getting high scores with this bow because of that.

However I love the look of that little Brush bow (and I already know the quality of Horne's), and Pete Ward just said some awesome things about the new Cari Peregrine.

Can some kind soul help clarify the differences in these two bows, I think they will be much the same in price and build time - I guess it gets down to feel, speed quality of build etc.  Thanks in anticipation - Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cari bow Peregrine vs Brush bow
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
ttt
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
I do not think Abe offers the bow bolt system.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
You are dead right Danny - I must have gotten my diapers in a tangle.  I thought I had seen on his site where he did - but he wrote back and said he only offers that sleeve.  Do you know anything about that system or how it compares to the bowbolt!

Some more opinions please on the Horne's Brush bow and the Cari?

Sutto

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
I haven't shot the Bushbow yet, but the Perigrine IS ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS!!!!!

I have shot Pete's and if I could find a way to keep it I would.  That said, I have a 3 piece Horne Longbow coming  I got in a trade and I have heard there quality and perfromacne is top notch.  I would have a hard time not ordering a Perigrine if I was going to order a new longbow.  LOL!!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
Thanks Carbon - I really love my Horne's too and the quality of build is what has me sold.  It is just that I discovered Abe uses a different takedown system to the bowbolt - so I am not sure which is best.  I love my three piece Horne's, but I just can't get past the shape of a beautiful one-piece - they really look quite sensual.

sutto

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »
I have not had any experience with the sleeve that Abe makes, but if he made and designed it, you can bet it is good. Here is a pic of a system he made on my Taiga that is similar to the old bev-loc, it is a great system.

Limb on the riser.

Limb off the riser

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement