3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help huntin acorns...  (Read 313 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
help huntin acorns...
« on: October 04, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
i have a TINY peice of land and there is a load of acorns on it and it is torn up...looks like someone went through there with a leaf blower!!lots of droppings and tracks.  my question is my land is so small i cant hunt the trails leading to it and have to set up directly over them.  there is plenty of sign but i dont know if there coming in the daylight or if they are all at night.  do yall think i'll get a shot in the daylight? also on opener, should i try to go in the morning or wait for the aftrernoon? thanks for any info
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help huntin acorns...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
I'd wait until the afternoon.  Most likely they are going to be eating on it at night and could be still in there at first light and you just end up bumping them.  If you MUST hunt it in the morning I would wait until it was shooting light and stalk your stand.  This way you are looking for deer and may have an opportunity for a shot without bumping the deer.  You may be able to shoot a deer that is feeding through there mid-morning.  If you bump them in the morning it's not likely you'll see any in the evening.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©