3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nock high no matter what  (Read 268 times)

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
Nock high no matter what
« on: February 09, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
I have been trying to get my bow tuned for a shoot this weekend for a good while ow. I have the nock left right down now. Now I cant get the nock high down. I tried all the way to almost 1" seemed to go down a bit but seemed excessive. I walked down the string also trying to get it. I shoot two under with a no glove under the nock point. Any help would be good. It is a Browning Nomad Stalker 44#@28" bow.I am shooting 5575 GT full length with a 225 point.
"Let yourself go with the arrow and the trip will never cease to amaze you."   Me

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nock high no matter what
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
I have a friend that had the same problem.

First, the bow is designed to be shot split, so your limbs are out of alignment when drawn. This will cause the flight you see. Second, im guessing your arrows are too stiff.  Those spine over 75#.

If correcting that and the nock point don't help, which they should, try a totally different arrow shaft material. Switching to aluminum or wood will just shoot different, and can be easily tuned compared to carbon, unless you are lucky.

DOUBLE TOPIC POST  
I've seen carbons with heavy points cause issues with nock high, but i think a stiff shaft and 2 under are compounding issues.

Still 2 under may continue to add issues.

Good luck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©