3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone ever used a ROGERS VISION BLIND?  (Read 307 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
anyone ever used a ROGERS VISION BLIND?
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
I am in the market for a ground blind and the price is everything.  I know the old saying "you get what you pay for", but I do believe there are some good blinds out there for under $150.  If you have one you would recommend me checking out, please let me know.

Daniel
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline archer66

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone ever used a ROGERS VISION BLIND?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I have had two of these.  I love Rogers....the store is great but in my opinion this isn't a good blind.

The main selling point in the blind for me was the  use of magnets for the windows and screens rather than noisy velcro or zippers.  The problem is that both of my blinds were missing some of the magnets or the magnets weren't quite in the right spots to line up and were therefore useless.  In addition the magnets aren't strong enough and it doesn't take much wind to detach them.

The second problem also related to the windows is that the mesh system for the windows, while quite flexible in configuration, is not durable enough.  They have a very thin elastic piece of material strung along the top and bottom of the window openings and the mesh is supported by that elastic.  The result is that the mesh is very loose and sags in areas, making it impossible to shoot through as you need tight mesh for a broadhead to cut cleanly if you shoot through it.  Also...it's so loose that it doesn't stay in place.  Then there's the actual window closures themselves....they are square sections of blind material...the same as the rest of the blind and they are sewn on at one spot at the bottom of each piece and otherwise only held in place by those weak magnets or a plastic tab and a piece of elastic....some of the elastic pieces were missing or sewn into the blind flap and hence were useless.

Overall the fit of the blind material over the hub system is too loose and the whole thing makes noise when the wind blows.  

The end result of these problems is a blind that flaps and and pops with the slightest breeze.

I've since changed to the Barronet Grounder hub style blinds....they are tightly constructed with several different window configurations and zip windows which I'll take ANY day over floppy mesh and loose fabric. These blinds are in your price range and I find them on sale routinely BELOW the price of the Rogers. You can get them at Rogers, Dunhams, Gander Mountain, Amazon, Midway USA, Sportmans Guide, local farm and home stores often carry them,

Here's a link to Barronett website ----->   http://www.barronettblinds.com/  

I also, for bowhunting like the Prowler blinds by Yukon Tracks----->    http://www.getyukontracks.com/foundations/store/scresults.asp?category=93*Hunting-Blinds
1966 Bear Kodiak Magnum
52"
40# @ 25"

Black Widow SIW
56"
51# @ 25.5"

Offline TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Will you be moving it around a lot or leaving it where you put it?
If leaving it, I'd recommend making one like Bisch made. To be a bit more economical, get enough material to make two (approx <$200 each). I'm still in the process of making mine, but will be ready by spring. I got an extra fence and cut in half the long way to add 18" to height. At 6'6" and shooting a 68" longbow, there is plenty of room.
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=142137#000011
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
I will have to be moving it around It will be on public land.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by TooManyHobbies:
Will you be moving it around a lot or leaving it where you put it?
If leaving it, I'd recommend making one like Bisch made. To be a bit more economical, get enough material to make two (approx <$200 each). I'm still in the process of making mine, but will be ready by spring. I got an extra fence and cut in half the long way to add 18" to height. At 6'6" and shooting a 68" longbow, there is plenty of room.
    http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=142137#000011    
I'd sure like to see some pics when you get it done. I always like to see how others do these things, and it helps me improve the design of my own builds.

When I HAVE to use a popup, I use my Double Bull, I bought it used for about half of retail price ($175). It is still too small, as I hit the roof with my upper limb if I am not paying attn to what is going on.

Good luck finding a good portable blind, Daniel!

Bisch

Offline TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »
Will do Bisch. I would be working on it now if there wasn't three feet of snow and single digits. I started it in the fall and got the cage up. That was it. It (they) will be ready for spring turkey.

Bisch, do you add shoot through netting or leave window open? Where would I get the shoot through, or is it just poly window screen?
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
I think quality should be everything then find something that meets your price point.  There are a bunch of blinds out there that after a year or two are junk.  I want a blind that god up and down with ease, does not shine, does not shake i the wind, color won't fade and will last at least 5 years.
T ZZZZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©