3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: For those who have ever ordered a Schafer....  (Read 462 times)

Offline Huntingnut

• Trad Bowhunter
For those who have ever ordered a Schafer....
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »
...how accurate is the lead time given? I ordered one in December and Beth told me time to delivery is 10 months. It's been 2 and I'm already impatient. So, is there any chance I might get it sooner than the quoted 10? Or do I need to develop more patience lol?

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: For those who have ever ordered a Schafer....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
patience grasshopper...Mine were always right on the time they quoted me.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
Mine as well. The wait was 15 months when I ordered my one and only.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »
Thats a question only Dave and Beth can answer. It's a guesstimate. May be sooner may not be. No one knows when unforeseen things may happen.

Congrats! As long as you like it cosmetically you will love the performance. Great bows, one of my all time favs! I need another one. Hehe
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
They have always been pretty accurate with their lead times. I should have mine in about two more months.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
If they said 10 months......it will be 10 months, maybe 11. I can all but guarantee it won't be 9. I had limbs made for me.....they said 4 months and they came late......by one day!!!! Relax and think about the fun you will have with your new bow.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Huntingnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
Guess I'll just have to be patient. Can't wait to get it. It's my first made for me custom. Macassar riser, koa limbs, rough sheep tip and sight window overlays. 58" 57#@28. 8 months from now I'll post a pic;)

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
Gonna be longer my friend.  Dave is really busy and doing as much as he can.  My bros bow was ordered last Jan.  He is working on it now. I just got a pic of it with the Ivory Inlay stuck to it to see how its gonna look. So it seems he is about a month behind.  It is well worth the wait.

The last one I ordered was 11 months.  I have 2 coming due in June.  Probably gonna be July.

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Nut...I feel your pain, I ordered last summer, Dave estimates June/July...I have a problem in that I go to website, get excited and second guess myself on woods chosen... Certainly frustrating but I do not want a rush job either...

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 04:53:00 PM »
I think you need to develop some patients, trust me from a guy that has three of them ,they're worth the wait.
If you're wanting to know if you might be sooner the best bet would just to call Beth or Dave. They estimated  me the same time frame and they were right on
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »
I notice that from time to time they make stock bows that they offer for sale here and possibly other places.  I would assume that they don't make stock bows if they are backed up with special order bows.  It's been a while since I've seen any stock bows from Schafer for sale here, so they must be pretty busy on special orders.  That being the case, I wouldn't expect you'll get your bow much before the estimated date they gave you.  Just to make you envious, mine is due next month!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline TimDougan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
My first one took 10 months witch is what they said it would take. My second one took 4 days a stock FF recurve i could not pass up both well worth the wait.TD.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Zen, breath deep. All things worthwhile will come in time, and are worth the wait.
Breath deep again. Exhale out your left nostril.
You have reached inner peace.....
wait hold on my wife is calling me...
what do you mean my bow didn't come today...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
David M. Conroy

Offline GANDGOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 09:08:00 AM »
Yornoc -- That was funny Right there !!   :laughing:    :laughing:  -- My Schafer won't be ready till about Sept. Maybe now Oct. You've captured how I feel !!
Dano
3 pc. Morrison Shawnee 60" 51#
3 pc. Shafer Silvertip 62" 48#
1 pc. Sandy Biles Super Xt 47#
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

For GOD so Loved the world. He GAVE His Only Son...John 3:16.

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
my delivery time was right on the money
bryce olson

Offline lbshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 07:57:00 AM »
I have one on order and should be seeing it in a couple of months. It was ordered last spring ,  quoted delivery, 10 months.  Already having one takes some of the anxiety out of the wait, but not much.  It's  nice that Beth was communicating fairly early in the process, sending pictures of wood samples.  They  are very focussed on delivering what you are looking for.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
10 months is the blink of an eye.

It took 20 years to get mine. I tried to get with Paul back in 1988 and could never get him on the phone. After a month of trying I called Gene Wensel and got...let's call it 'redirected' to another well known bowyer. All those years went by and one day I met the Windauers. Three years later I received this:

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kevin Dill:
10 months is the blink of an eye.

It took 20 years to get mine. I tried to get with Paul back in 1988 and could never get him on the phone. After a month of trying I called Gene Wensel and got...let's call it 'redirected' to another well known bowyer. All those years went by and one day I met the Windauers. Three years later I received this:

Beautiful bow Kevin
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
I have a preview of the Tip Dave is working on now for my bro if someone wants to post a pic.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 12:32:00 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of high end bows.I will tell you one thing when you get it you will be glad this just ain't any bow it's a shaffer relax an enjoy the dreams you will have at night over the next 10 mo.Its like a fine wine.it takes time.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©