3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio the week of Oct 15  (Read 285 times)

Offline Eric in FLA

• Trad Bowhunter
Ohio the week of Oct 15
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
One of the great things about my business is travel. I have customer meetings in Cincinnati on Oct 16 & 17 and will be able to have the remainder of the week to hunt.

I would appreciate some suggestions from you Ohio TGer's on areas close to Cinci that would be worht a one or two day hunt.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio the week of Oct 15
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »
Eric, which part of Cinti? I live just east of Cinti close to East Fork State Park and can show you some good areas there.Further east near Peebles is also a good piece of public land.

If you're closer to the north/west side there is a park called Huston Woods just outside of Oxford with a good population.

If nothing else if ya want to get together for some Cinti chili I'd be glad to buy. You can email me.

I am leaving for Wisconsin on the 20th however.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Eric in FLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
Our facility is in Springdale, there is a GoldStar right across the street. I would enjoy the chance to get together.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
As centrally located as Springdale is then any of those areas Ferret mentioned would work.  Huston Woods is north about 25 miles.  Just north of Oxford, Ohio (Miami University).  You may need a permit to hunt it.  Should be free if so.  I live very close to it but have never hunted it only rode horses, hike, fish, picnic and target archery there.  There are deer but you need to know where the open hunting areas are.  A google search ought to help.  If the time presents I may be able to show you around and even take the bow on a walk through the woods.
I've heard good things about Caeser's Creek but no first hand knowledge.  Peebles, as Ferret pointed out, would be a good area as it is very rural and hilly.  Reported to be many deer there.  That is a bit east of Cincy but pretty country in my mind.

Offline Eric in FLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Gentlemen, thank you ! Some great suggestions.
I will make travel plans and contact both of you.
If your schedules permit, I would enjoy getting together, dinner is on me.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »
Eric looking forward to your visit.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©