3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Compressed Cedar Shafts  (Read 616 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Compressed Cedar Shafts
« on: January 23, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Anyone here have any experience with these?  What do you think?  How much more weight can you add to a 11/32" shaft by doing this?   David
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Compressed Cedar Shafts
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
I have never shot any of the compressed cedars, but I just recieved some from Cedarsmith. I assume these are the ones you mean and not refering to Forgewoods.

The shafts I recieved were of nice quality and good weight. I told him I wanted the heaviest he had (65-70# spine) and they came in at 450-455 gr. Pretty good IMO for an 11/32" shaft.

They should perform just as well as any other shaft of like quality.

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
Brian, do they look good? Pretty straight? I have been getting shafts at around 330-340gr in 55-60# spine. If I could get a heavier shaft and tougher that would be great.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Yes, they look good. Not alot of grain runout. There is some, but not of a severe nature.  A little hand straightening and they should be good to go.

I cant comment on any increase of toughness, since I havent shot any of them yet. To my way of thinking, there would have to be SOME gain in toughness, but how much, I wouldnt have a clue.

I believe these shafts start out a Rose City shafts before they are compressed.  Overall, I am happy with the ones I recieved.

Go to JK Chastain's website to read up on them some. Website is worldclassbows.com. I ordered my shafts from him.

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©