3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow holder  (Read 497 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Arrow holder
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »
I am looking for the arrow holder that has the rubber grip on the end of a thin round rubber finger . Don't know what they are called or who makes it . I have got them from the local archery shop , but they are gone now . I have looked on line for them and can't find them . I like them better than the Kwicki type but if I cant find them I guess I will have to go that route .
So does anybody know what they are called and where to get them ?
Also is there a neat way to make an arrow holder ?
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Arrow holder
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
It is called a Sta Jac.  Went out of business quite a while ago. Several other companies made good copies of it under different names, but as far as I know, no one is currently making them.  

Best arrow holder out there, but scarce as hens teeth.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
Now that I see the name the light bulb went on . That's exactly what I am looking for . Not made any more explains why I can't find them .
So is there a better one than the Kwicki ?
Or is there a slick way to make a home made arrow holder ?
So many clever people on here , there has to be someone that has come up with something simple and affective .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Msbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
Graps,
Are you shooting a longbow or recurve and do you have a rubber grip or leather laced on grip on the handle? If you do just slide a piece of plastic like a zip tie in between the grip and the handle sticking up about an inch above the shelf it will keep it from falling off there are other ways but that's the easiest I've found.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted"-Jose Ortega y Gasset

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
Grayling Outdoor Products makes one that is almost identical to the old sta jac. I use them and they work fine.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »

Like these Dale?
Got these off the BIG site quite awhile back.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »
Terry , that's exactly what I am looking for . where can I get some ?

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
how do those even work?  lol
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
There is a set of 3,up for bid now on the site.It's up to 14 bucks.If you cant get one that way,give me a jingle back and we will see what can be done about getting you into the drivers seat of one.    :goldtooth:

You are most likely going to see that set of 3 max out around 30-35 bucks,if what I paid was typical of the product and scarcity.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the offer but you need to hang on to them . I am going to try and find the knockoff that is still out there . Just don't know what that one is called or where to get one .

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
The copy I believe is called GOP 135 Perfect Arrow holder,by grayling.

Offline vitalinvader

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »
I hit the lotto last fall while hunting up north and stopped at a gas/ sporting store in Mn. They had 3 on the self for $1.50 each.  The owner was working and told me they have been in his store since 1984 and couldn't get ride of them.  Wish he had more just a bunch of old cobra sights and stuff.   Best arrow holder you'll find imho.
Scotty Ralph

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 04:26:00 PM »
T Mowery,

Those are perfect. I've been looking for those for a long time. I ended up just calling them and ordering right from them. $3.95 each.

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
Darrell
I remember when the gent had them listed on the bay,He was listing them one at a time,and I just kept on buying them.I was the only bidder actually. Kept trying to buy all that he was listing,when he sent me a message,to let someone else have a crack at them????? Still trying to make sense of that one,seeing that on most,I was the sole bidder???LOL???I paid around 12 a pop minus shipping for them,when all the wash is done.But Im glad to have them.There not coming back again,thats for sure. Thats america for you.If it works real well,stop making it!LOL

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
I have some of the grayling prefect arrow holders and work great!

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
I had a bad experience with the Sta-jac. After an all day sit in in very cold weather the rubber got hard- would not release the arrow as I drew on a big buck at dusk.  Imagine at full draw and the nock is still floating in mid-air between the string and the riser. . .ARghhhh.   Kwik-loc holder since then- 15 years now and no failures!

2C
Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Do you shoot three under?  I've been out in mighty cold weather and have never had trouble with the sta jac releasing.  I shoot split fingers so they're located on either side of the knock when I draw.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
Orion- I shoot split.  Not sure the deal- but that blasted thing got hard and locked onto the aluminum 2219 shaft.  I sat there all day waiting for that exact buck! 5 minutes of light left and here he comes. . .  12-14 yd shot slight quarter away. . .  140" already on the wall and meat in the freezer. . .and a trad bow- the simplest hunting weapon on earth- failed me.    :banghead:      Unbelievable!  I heard other similar stories.  I switched to Kwik-lok (sp?) arrow holder.

Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
try this link
  arrow holder
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »
Just my 2C- but whatever you end up with, put it in the freezer for a few hours then see if it is still pliable. Also put it on an arrow with some moisture- then freeze it. See how it works.  At one time the actual "Sta-Jac" was the best rubber out there.  Many of the "look-a-likes" were worse.  Again- I have found the Kwik-lok to pass all my tests.  

Dan in KS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©