3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tab or Glove?  (Read 507 times)

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tab or Glove?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
Shot w/ a glove for years, switched to a tab about four years ago, and have recently switched back to a glove. I got tired of fiddling with the tab. Like Terry says HH used a glove, so did Fred Bear as well as many others that were/are better shooters than most of us will ever be.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
When I shot a compound I always shot fingers and used a Neet super leather tab. I liked it because it was easy to flip,out of the way to do meniel tasks like attach a tree strap or use my binoculars or at the time range  Finder or open a sandwitch bag etc......
Now days that that I shoot nothing but trad bows. I perfer a glove over a tab. A glove just feels more secure and is faster and easier for me to use with gloves when it gets cold. I still try a tab every now and then but always go back to a glove. I have used a lot of different gloves but really like,the American leathers big shot. I may want to try the crossover next. But for now I like the big shot.
Tim

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »
I like tabs. I started with a glove but, I switched over to a tab mostly because they are cheaper and easier to wear with gloves. I actually like them better for fishing around in my pocket and grabbing new arrows since I can actually feel my finger tips. They also don't wear out the way gloves do and getting them to fit right is easier. Lots of great shots use gloves though. It's just preference.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 07:39:00 AM »
I wanted to use a glove for hunting, and for several years i did. But when my shooting falls off, It always has to do with my release....and a tab always fixes it. I have 4 Bateman tabs broken in right now.....because last year I only had 1 and lost it    :knothead:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Find what you like n run with it  
^This

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline GoBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »
SAM tab for me.

Offline Producer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
I have been told that a tab gives you a better release, but I shoot better with a glove.
What gives me wings? Flying with my arrows over and over again. And never giving up...For giving up means not believing...

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 11:22:00 PM »
I like American Leathers Crossover glove. It provides plenty of protection and makes for a clean release if I do my part. Try both and see what you like. Most of us have did it that way.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©