3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Paul Schafer.. talk about improvising!!!  (Read 333 times)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
Paul Schafer.. talk about improvising!!!
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
I saw a pic on the net yesterday with Paul and a whitetail buck. Nothing unusual about that. But I had to take a double look when i saw what was holding his rest on. Scotch tape or masking tape, i couldn't tell for sure. But talk about improvising! When you are Paul Schafer you can do anything you want. And this obviously worked out well for him. I wonder what the story behind that was. Anyone know?
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Paul Schafer.. talk about improvising!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
There are those on here that can answer this much better than me.  It is my understanding that Paul was very utilitarian and "no frills".  Barry Wensel speaks of this in "Once Upon a Tine", even mentioning that Paul Once used a bandaid for a nock point.  His hunting story's are unreal.  I would have loved to have met him.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
I asked Paul years ago after a bought one of his bows how he kept his rest on so it didn't come loose and he basically said he used heavy duty tape (duct tape)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:19:00 AM »
that's awesome.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
I never met the man but I have read everything I could get my hands on over the years. The year he passed I had just finished high school and in 1993 there was no internet so it was articles which were few. I do remember reading about him making some of the tools he needed to make his bows. I think he was a man who improvised anything.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 10:23:00 AM »
From everything I read he was a genius with making things work.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
I know of that pic as well it wasent masking tape it was Teflon tape, they used to sell it as a side plate material.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
Yeh but he was shooting off of an elevated rest..so he must have been using it to hold the rest on.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©