3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thunderstick MOAB ?  (Read 282 times)

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
Thunderstick MOAB ?
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:24:00 PM »
Shot a Moab to day that a friend recently bought.  It was a great shooting bow and I was able to shoot great groups after only a few shots.  The grip on it was a perfect fit for my hand.  Does the Moab come with a standard grip or does it come with optional ones.
T ZZZZ

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thunderstick MOAB ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
Standard...but I"m sure you could request a little more depth or a little less....Call Jim.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »
I don't own a moab but I do own 2 of Jim's thunder stick #1s. I have used them as bow fishing bows for the last 13 years. These bows have been put to heavy use in very extreme conditions. Incredible bows and proven to be near indestructible. I can't say enough good things about his bows. Just too bad he no longer makes the #1 now all of his bows are very heavy reflex deflex and not like the mild r/d that the #1 was. But his bows are great shooters and very well made.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
I picked up a used MOAB with a very pronounced recurve grip which the owner had Jim build, so I guess he will do what it takes to make you happy.  

BTW, the bows are a great value and my informal chronographing showed it to be one of the fastest...and with good manners too.
Lon Scott

Offline Paul Cousineau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:00 AM »
I ordered a thunderstick mag from Jim last summer. It was my first longbow and I have always been a recurve guy, I don't get along well with straight longbow grips. I asked Jim if he would do a dished grip with a thumb rest and He did. Now, the grip on my bow is very mild when compared to a recurve but i works for me. Give him a call.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©