3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's your stand garb?  (Read 696 times)

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's your stand garb?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
depends on weather, sometimes I wear my work clothes, I prefer flannel type stuff if its warm out I love wearing shorts and T shirt under a camo bug suit and a pair of chuck taylors or moccs (rubber boots too warm)..... my butcher also hunts and alot of times he is in his stand wearing all white colored butcher clothes after work and shoots deer but his stands like mine are not in the open and set into the branches.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »
When hunting deer, bear and turkeys, I wear camo. Usually the old woodland pattern that I started with years ago. There are a lot of new patterns on the market, but I've never seen any reason to change. It's always worked well for me here in NY. I do have a heavy coat in Fusion 3D that I got for Christmas a couple years ago, that does the job too. I don't think camo is really necessary, but I hunt from the ground, and like the thrill of being close enough to count eyebrows, so I like the added advantage of using it. There are a lot of new materials out there too, but IMO It's hard to beat wool, and I wear a lot of it. I don't think camo is anywhere near as important as keeping movement to a minimum.

Bob

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »
I primarily hunt from tree stands and like to try new spots often. The "best" tree isn't always the best tree as far as cover is concerned. For this reason I wear predator camo. It's never perfect, but it helps when you're skylighted in a lone poplar!
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
Camo scent blocker suit over wool in cold weather.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©