3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrowhead in a Buffalo Skull  (Read 336 times)

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrowhead in a Buffalo Skull
« on: October 05, 2007, 06:16:00 AM »
I pulled this off another site and I'll post the link...5000 year old Calf Creek point inbeded in a Buffalo skull, said it didnt kill the Buff, but probably knocked it sence-less so the hunter could finish it off....One of the coolest photo's I have seen this year is group of about 25 Buff skull's layed out in a guy's yard, all one's he has found in Oklahoma(a number of these Buff skull's are found every year, I think the old ones, Bison Bison had a horn spread of over 8 FEET)....Enjoy...

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrowhead in a Buffalo Skull
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:22:00 AM »

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:31:00 AM »
These arrowhead imbeded in animal bone pics always amaze me. You gotta re-evaluate the strength, heartiness, and determination for some animals to continue on. As you say, this one mat not have made it. I've seen other pics like this that looked like the animal lived like that. In case you may have missed it I also shot a deer with a broadhead in it's skull. It was my broadhead from the year before. Imbeded deeply in the deers sinus cavity created by an errant shot on a string jumping deer. I shot her the next year due to a defect in her jaw. I named the doe Lumpy and later realized it was the same deer from the year before.

Lumpy's skull

Lumpy inside.  

And she lived a year like this and was healthy enough that she was covered in a thin layer of fat. What a will to survive!!!!! CK

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 06:57:00 AM »
The healing abilities of some animals is amazing, Thanks for the look...

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
My old butcher had quite a collection of heads recovered from animals he was cutting, that were not the cause of death (deer taken with guns).
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline chrisg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:54:00 AM »
that looks like a Ribtek you used?
chrisg

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
I'll have to track down Chuck Nesset.  I found a skull a number of years back and traded it to him for a dozen custom arrows.  The buck had a Rocky Mtn Razorhead imbedded just below a pedicle.  The point had made it into the brain cavity just over a 1/4 inch.  The amazing part about it- the skull plates had new bone growing through the blade vents!  He has the skull- I'll pm him and see if he can post a pic.
Dave
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©