3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Threat to our hunting rights?  (Read 711 times)

Offline DK

• Trad Bowhunter
Threat to our hunting rights?
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
Alert!!! Please be aware my fellow archers but awhile back Gene and Barry Wensel agreed to boycott a trade show because a certain manufacturer went against support of our gun rights... It looks as though mr president executive order is at it again to ban Ar-15 bullets! Just to let you guys know I don't use guns much only for home defense but are our arrows next .... Moderators I will understand if you pull my post but I am first an American ... And I just hope to keep us aware and let my brethren know what is now coming down the trail to attack our heritage ... And way of life not to mention the FCC Internet takeover which will effect thus sure possibly! God Bless and we must fight for our Freedom!

Re: Threat to our hunting rights?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
Like I have said before on here, when the line in the sand is drawn with the tip of a longbow, they will want that too. Bill Gates proudly states that vaccinations in Africa are achieving great strides in population controls, think about that one. The CFR wants an 85% world population reduction, any volunteers?  Many influences want to fractionalize society, from guns to hunting to vaccines, you name it, smaller groups are more voiceless and easier to control. Considering that, I have not seen very many gun lobbys all that worried about bowhunting rights,  we need to work on that.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
I think your comments are very relevant to our bowhunting rights and liberties in general. God, I long for the America I grew up in during the 50's!
Sam

Offline DK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
It's just so unsettling to what's going on in our country today!!! i turn 50 in May... I to wish it was like in the 50's 60's... To think that someone or a group of people would dare do this is more real than ever before....like the PETA tree hungers.... We just need to stay aware ... And stick together brothers!!! God Bless

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
Just copied this from Fox news web site.....

It’s starting.

As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela’s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
As a veteran who served to protect our rights and freedoms it just sickens me.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Msbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
Well it's not all AR-15 ammo they are trying to ban. It's 5.56 M8555 NATO ammo armor piercing rounds. Some of it is armor piercing and some M8555 is not armor piercing, so they are trying to kill two birds with one stone. You can bet him and his cronies will have tons of it.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted"-Jose Ortega y Gasset

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »
A while back it was released that millions of tax dollars was spent buying loaded AK 47 clips. No branch of the military uses those that I know of.  Where did they go?

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »
Sorry, but I don't see where this topic is archery-related so...why come here with it?    :dunno:

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by TSP:
Sorry, but I don't see where this topic is archery-related so...why come here with it?     :dunno:  
Exactly.... Well said
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:00 PM »
Because this subject is important to all freedom loving Americans, that is why he came here with it.  The Moderators, sometime back, had the forethought to allow a subject this hand in glove to this topic to be made known to the members of Tradgang, the proposed ban of the AR15 rifle platform.  I, for one, thank them for that allowance.
The Moderators are very good at patrolling these boards to remove any non archery related subjects from intruding into this wonderful forum.  And it will be their call if they allow this thread to continue. Yet, from their prior concern for our rights as Americans, I would not be surprised if they do comment on this subject that does affect archers and sportsmen across this land.
Thank you,
Christopher Owens

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
It's like boiling a frog. You put the frog in cold water and then turn on the heat. The frog will just sit there and die. Military ammo .223. We archers don't UAE that so why care.   But so is .308, 30.06, .300 win mag,  9mm, .45, .357, .38..  I think we have to care. For a few hindered year long bows were weapons of war.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
We need personal freedoms to be traditional bow hunters, without fighting for them we are nothing more than blind sheep destined to be nothing more than blind slaves.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »
This is purely an opinions thread. No identifiable bill or law has been posted about. No plan of action such as call your State Rep. Congressman or Senator. No join this organization or boycott this group. Just talking and sorry if this offends but I dont come to Tradgang for talking. I come the vast knowledge about traditional archery and the sharing of traditional bow hunting thru story and photography.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by pavan:
We need personal freedoms to be traditional bow hunters, without fighting for them we are nothing more than blind sheep destined to be nothing more than blind slaves.
EXACTLY   It matters to all americans regardless of race or creed. Freedom is not free and the current administration is trying to strip our rights one item at a time.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
There is no bill that is going to happen with an executive order like this, it is called tyranny. It is patriotic that we demand that politicians uphold the constitution and not allow special interests to throw it away or rewrite it to suit their desires.

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by SheltonCreeker:
This is purely an opinions thread. No identifiable bill or law has been posted about.  
It's being done by executive action-what a surprise.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
SheltonCreeker,
Your comment, "No plan of action such as call your State Rep. Congressman or Senator." is not correct.  The BATFE has proposed this, not as legislation but as bureaucracy.  We Americans have until March 16th to voice our opinion on this subject to the administration, our Congressmen and the BATFE.  I have done just that and hope many more of my fellow archers will, too.
There are plenty of organizations that will assist you in making your voice heard.  A quick search on the net can take you to the proper links very timely.
Again, thank you for your time,
Christopher Owens

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »
I have made calls with one message, the time for impeachment is NOW.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
Christopher,
Thanks for posting a plan of action. Happy to join the fight.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©