3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It LIves!!!  (Read 325 times)

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
It LIves!!!
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »
Here is my new bow. I named it "the creature" after the one made by Dr Frankenstein. This bow has been cobbled together from old parts and reanimated into a new bow. It's a heart is a warfed pse silver hawk 21 inch riser. After I got it in a swap I did a little more horse trading and wound up with a set of 45lb trad tech long bow limbs for it. So I twisted up a 10 strand d97 string for it and went to work. I started off with the limb bolts turned out 4 turns and wound up with the the top turned out 3 and the bottom out 3 1/2. It like a high brace height of 8 3/4 bellow 8 and it gets real loud. The closer you get to 7 you can begin to actually see the limbs vibrate when you pluck the string! Lol so 8 3/4 it is. I couple yarn puffs and a bear stick on rest later and this baby was ready for a few arrows. It is a quick shooter and pretty darn quiet. It is very torque free with no shock. Since it is already a hideous ugly monstrosity I may just throw a little stab on for good measure. It draws a little over 50 at my 29 inches i believe. It is definitely heavier than 45 and with that high brace height it has a very crisp draw with early engagement.  [/url] [/IMG]

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It LIves!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »
Actually, it is quite attractive. What do you mean by "throw a little stab on?"
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
A little stabilizer.

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Can we expect a bride of Frankenstein?

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
Well probably not. Since the creature demanded the doctor make him a wife and when he refused he killed the doctor new bride.........that could get messy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©