3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grandest animal you laid eyes on last year...  (Read 1019 times)

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: grandest animal you laid eyes on last year...
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
First time ever hunting big, private farmland I watched a 10 point whitetail buck tend scrapes along the edge of a picked cornfield. He eventually caught my wind after weaving in and out of the tree line for 75 yards, getting closer and closer for 30 minutes. It was a windy day and I was grunting like a maniac to make something happen. Sadly, the property is for sale as the owners are moving to FL. May have one more season there...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »
Mine was the buck that followed a scent trail that I had laid down right up to my son and I. My son Jackson is 5 and we were sitting on the ground next to each other. The buck walked up to about 4 yards and Jackson sat as still as a statue. I attempted to draw my longbow as the buck turned but he busted me.
    He took a few bounds out to about 40 yards before he walked off. After the deer left Jackson looked up at me and says " what did you do that for! You scared him away!"
    Two weeks later my oldest son Jonathan took the same buck on the opening day of firearms season as he walked down the exact same trail as before. It was his first deer ever and he was sitting on my lap to make the shot. I feel that deer was extra special as I got to have an encounter with him with both of my boys.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »
Mine was a Huge body cow horn that had at least 16 to 18" of height on each side and then they hooked back into each other forming an upside down "U" if you can imagine.

He looked to weight about 185-200 on the hoof (big for down here) and was an older deer.  Would have loved to have got him!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
tall, wide chocolate horned 12 point in south Texas last November. Biggest deer I have seen in person, was a tank for that area both in body size and horn size. Did not get a shot as he was facing me the whole time,at 10 yards no less, and I will not take that shot, but there is always this year.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©