3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DEER 24/7  (Read 295 times)

Offline Bama Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
DEER 24/7
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
I turkey hunt and fish a little throughout spring and summer. However deer hunting is on my mind 24/7

Curious how many of ya'll are already preparing for next fall?  Are you shed hunting and scouting? Putting cameras out? Let me know!
"Relax and pick a spot"

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DEER 24/7
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
None of the above. I am shooting a lot. First year for trad gear. Bass tournaments consume my time from March to Sept. I will hang cameras and do a bit of scouting in Sept, but i have been hunting the same lease for the past 6-7 years. I know my 6000 acres pretty well, and the deer change their habits very quickly from Oct-Nov so I do a lot of scout and hunt same day. It's worked for me for many years.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Yep, hunt all year , only take bow in fall,,,,   :bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline TealCoin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
Went out this past weekend with a co-worker and scouted some new public land I found in NW Illinois.  

Snowed the night before and stopped early morning, just before sunrise.  This was great, because anything we saw was fresh from that morning.  We walked about 3 miles and found countless beds, trails, fresh scat, and something I've never seen before myself.  Numerous spots where there was deer scat and tracks, there was what seemed to be a fungus of some sort eaten up.  Tried diggin to the base of a few and they seemed as though it was a mushroom of some type.  Yellowish in color.  Anyone seen this before?

Nedless to say, we hung a trail camera and have plety of waypoints marked on the GPS for stands.  Anxious to get out and check the camera!

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
Now is the time to put minerals out for the first time.  I am also running free choice protein/corn feeder and a spinner corn feeder.  I started with minerals and food in early February to help them out in worst part of the winter.  Minerals now through summer is key for them.  Have best luck with Trophy Rocks and Lucky Buck.

I have two cameras out just for the heck of it.

Too much snow here to shed hunt really but it is melting now and will go out a few time over next two weeks.

Since 2014 was first year on this new lease we have also moved some stands and put up 4 new ones already.  We are officially ahead of the game for once!

Other than that been shooting in my garage and working on form.   :archer2:
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »
My wife tells people I'm a white tail freak. Little does she know I'm not alone and plus there's a show called white tail freaks so its all good
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
Checked cameras and did a little shed hunting today. Prepairing for next season starts at the end of the last season. Locating deer, repairing and organizing equipment, trying any changes in equipment or style in shooting practice. Brother it's on now.

Offline Bama Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 05:22:00 PM »
Well ya'll are not alone!
"Relax and pick a spot"

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
yep always thinking something hunting and shooting related
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
pulled my last camera on snowshoes in single digit weather last month! always thinking about next season!!
Mike

Offline TRADSTYK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
The season never ends, only difference is I carry my bow starting late September. I run cameras non-stop. Way too much to figure out to ever stop thinking.

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »
I am with u....deer hunting consumes my soul!! My wife asks me all the time " Is that all u think about "? Lol

Hope to get mineral blocks and cameras back out in the next week or so. If the dang snow would ever stop!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
I have the disease as well.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
Cameras start next week,been feeding since the beginning of the new year. Will do some shed hunting also next few weeks.

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
It's not just me? I live for it too. I think about it year round and I scout pretty much year round, though harder spring through fall. I've always got bears and turkeys on the brain too. I'll start scouting bears up north in another couple months, but harder closer to and during season. We can't bait here, so scouting is everything with them. I guess from the responses so far, I've come to the right place.   ;)  

Bob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©