3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rod Jenkins clinic at South Central WI Archers was a success!  (Read 549 times)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
I would like to gauge the interest in hosting a Rod Jenkins clinic. I don't have an archery club/private land to host this at, but if we have enough interest perhaps someone in the group will. If you have a place to host this event, please say so.

We would need a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 12 participants. The cost is $225 and the duration of the event is two days. I would drive as far as Madison, WI. to attend this event, if we end up having it in WI or I would be willing to drive as far as LaSalle Co., IL., if it's hosted in Illinois.

The time frame I'm looking at is sometime between June 1-10 or anytime after June 25th through August 20th.

I've been in contact with Mr. Jenkins about the possibility of this clinic and if there is enough interest, I may proceed. Please know this is very early in the planning process and obviously there are no firm plans one way or the other at this point.

Due to the limited slots available, I would need a commitment from those who are sure they can attend, in the order of their responses on this thread. Once I reach 12 people, I'll have to stop taking participants.

Thanks,

Dennis

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rod Jenkins clinic at South Central WI Archers was a success!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »
If held in WI, Johnm expressed interest.

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
I would be interested! I live in Monroe, WI. which is just across the IL./ WI border.

Our local club So. Central WI Archers would be able to host the clinic. We would have an indoor or outdoor range avaliable for our use.

I know several others in the area that would be interested in the clinic also. I would have to check my personal calendar to see what dates the club could be used if that sounds like a possibility. Rod could stay at my place or one of the motels in town.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:23:00 AM »
Hey Kevin, That sounds great! Please check with your friends and see who might like to attend. I sent Irv a text. I haven't heard back from him yet. Right now, we are at three people so we have room for 7-9 more.

Thanks for checking on the club availability. That sounds perfect. Once we have a concrete date and enough participants, I will contact Rod again.

Dennis

Offline TealCoin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
I would be interested - as I visit LaSalle County often and live in NW Illinois - so the WI trip wouldn't be far fetched.

What all does this clinic entail - $225 is not cheap in today's world for me.  Just wondering about a breakdown of what happens over the two days.  

Thanks

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Dennis,

I'm sure Irv will want to attend, I know he is in Texas hog hunting right now, he just texted me this morning.
I will check on dates and additional participants and get back to you ASAP.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.

Offline ArcticArcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Dennis,

I would be interested in the clinic.  Lord knows I could use some help LOL. The June timeframe would probably work best for me.  I would like some more information on what would be covered also.

I'm located in Orion about 2 hours from LaSalle.

Thanks

Nick
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »
For those of you with questions.  I took Rod's class at Ojibwa a few years ago and even though I have been an archer for over 50 years, I came away with a new appreciation for the complete shot sequence.  Rod covers everything from foot placement, back tension, proper muscle alignment, etc. all the way through the follow through.  I will say that for me it was money well spent.  Rod is a good teacher and you will find the class very informative as well as quite interesting.  His classes are small so he can analyze and help everyone individually.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline SquareHead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
I wanted to agree with Pete in his above post.  Just did the clinic a couple of weeks ago at 3 Rivers Archery.  Learned a lot, and it was also a great time!  Not boring at all.  Rod is a pretty fun and honest guy...

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
Dennis,

We have two more.

Irv Eichorst
Lynne Johnson

I asked a couple of the board members at the club and they said that the use of the indoor range wouldn't be a problem.

I have to wait and hear back from the lady that handles the 4-H shooting sports for our county, they use the indoor range for the 4-H kids through June sometimes. I should know the dates in a few days.

Kevin

Offline Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 02:38:00 PM »
I would be interested also if held in Wisconsin.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Great, Kevin. Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate your help. I'm glad you spoke to Irv. I really thought he and Lynn would want to come, but I didn't want to make any assumptions.  Here is the list so far.

1.Dennis Frichtl (PAID)
2.Kevin Winkler (PAID)
3.Cory Bohm ( to replace John Mabry (Johnm856) (PAID)
4.Diane Guerin (to replace Blain Roberts (PAID)
5.Nick Seibert (Arctic Archer) (PAID)
6.Lynn Johnson (PAID)
7.Irv Eichorst (PAID)
8.Bob Bohm (to replace Steve Deethardt (SteveD) (PAID)
9. Luis Sanchez ( to replace Brian Baumann) (PAID)
10.Lance Guerin (PAID)
11. Luke Zosketo (PAID)

STAND-BY SHOOTER LIST

We have four slots left. Once these are filled, we can no longer take participants. I would encourage anyone interested to continue to let us know by posting your interest here. Kevin is checking with additional friends to see if anyone  locally has an interest (Please let me know asap if you have anyone else to add, Kevin). If we get any cancellations, I will go back to this list and offer those openings to the next shooter. Once we get the date set, I will be confirming with Rod Jenkins to determine if the date works for him too. Once the date is confirmed, I will send out messages to confirm that the participants are sure they can come. This will allow us to make sure we can meet the required numbers Rod needs for a clinic.

Thanks for all the interest. Here is a link to the South Central Wisconsin Archery Club                    http://www.thescwa.com/contact-us/                     Please check Map Quest to assure the distance from your residences. If anyone currently on this list decides they cannot come, please let me know so I can add the next person to the list.

Regards,

Dennis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pete McMiller:
For those of you with questions.  I took Rod's class at Ojibwa a few years ago and even though I have been an archer for over 50 years, I came away with a new appreciation for the complete shot sequence.  Rod covers everything from foot placement, back tension, proper muscle alignment, etc. all the way through the follow through.  I will say that for me it was money well spent.  Rod is a good teacher and you will find the class very informative as well as quite interesting.  His classes are small so he can analyze and help everyone individually.
Thanks for your input Pete and Squarehead. It's always great to hear opinions and information about Rod's clinic from those who've attended. If anyone else would like to know more about Rod's clinic, I would encourage you to either search this site for past posts about his clinics or give Rod a call personally.  From all I've heard about him, he is a great guy and I'm sure he would mind answering your questions. I completely understand, it's a lot of money!

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Dennis,

We have two more!

Lance Guerin
Jim Dietz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »
Okay everyone, I've updated the list. We have the maximum limit of shooters and I'm very pleased to say that Mr. Jenkins is working on plans to come!

I spoke with Mr. Jenkins today and he is going to check his schedule and post some available dates on this thread. He said he may have some dates in May and will also post additional dates.

Kevin,

Once Rod posts his availability, I know you'll be checking with the archery club to see what dates will work there. Thank you for all your help!

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »
OK, guys, I have the following dates open at the moment.

May 9-10
Jun 6-7
Jun 27-28
Jul 11-12
Jul 18-19
Aug 8-9

Thanks , I'm looking forward to  being back in WI....in the summer !   :)

Rod
2004 IBO World Champion

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »
Thanks, Mr. Jenkins! Kevin or I will get back to you on range availability dates, then we can select the clinic dates.

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
OK, We have a date for the clinic...June 27th & 28th

I confirmed the date with Rod tonight and the indoor archery range at South Central Archers in Monroe, WI is reserved.

I have a list of other alternates that have contacted me if any of the original 12 backout.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 06:09:00 AM »
Sounds great!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »
The clinic hours will be Saturday, June 27, 2015, from 9:00 am-4:30 pm and Sunday, June 28, 2015, from 10:00 am-2:00 pm.

See you all there! Please remember that if you're unable to attend, please contact me or Kevin. We have a list of stand by shooters, who would like to attend if there are cancelations.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©