3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best state for folks like us  (Read 849 times)

Online Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best state for folks like us
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
Montana is awesome. Spring bear is over a month long, they sell turkey tags but I havent tried for them.

Pronghorn in mid August, muley and elk first week of September. Can use a bow through rifle season, and whitetail season goes thru mid January/early February.

Fly fishing is world class, plenty of yotes and wolves to chase after.  Good waterfowl and upland game opportunities.

Lots of granola's here in Bozeman, but can get away from them plenty easy.
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 07:23:00 AM »
I could certainly throw in a little input on where I would live if given the opportunity, but I find the best state for me is "happiness in ones self". With this, you will always (most always) be happy with your surroundings.

I have lived lots of places and found that I desire them more after I have left. Never really utilized them as much as I though I would while I was there.
I sure get excited though when I plan a hunt in far away places...might only be a few hours away, but it is not in my back yard.
BigJIm
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
The grass is always greener somewhere else.    :campfire:

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by myshootinstinks:
The grass is always greener somewhere else.     :campfire:  
.....but you still have to mow the lawn and pick up the doggie doo.
homebru

Offline Todd Cook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
I've traveled a good bit and hunted several states. I hope to do more of it, but honestly, Georgia's hard to beat. We're like several other states in that we shoot too many does, but we have deer, turkeys, hogs, bear, gators, armadillos, lots of small game, ect. Hunting season never really closes here.

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Not South Western CT lol

I would love to hunt somewhere with a diversity of game species both large and small game. Maybe Arizona would be my choice. I really like the mountains and backcountry bowhunting just speaks to me.

The way thing are going though the best thing to do is be rich so you can buy a large piece of land and travel to hunt in prime areas.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Luckily being blessed to travel for a living and seeing all our states except Alaska and Hawaii and most provinces of Canada I would have to say Alberta for me. I really like the Agriculture along with the diversity in game and topography Alberta offers.

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2015, 04:22:00 AM »
Oklahoma - Lots of good people and a bunch of freindly trad shooters.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »
This winter in Maine has my wife on "we're outa here" mode.  As I read through this and think about a place I could move to I struggle with the land access issue.  Even though we have low game numbers, we have lots of land.  I love walking though woods and can access an amazing amount of land here, both for just walking, stumping or hunting since our laws allow you to hunt on private land that is not posted. I can walk out my back door and walk for hours without stopping for a couple of hours, and rarely see another persons boot track, (or deer track for that matter).  It would be nice if land access is factored into your expert input.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
I think your choices will definitely be influenced by what you want.  By that I mean, in the south, say Georgia as an example, there are deer and turkey and hogs, with hogs being open to chase for a lot of the year.  A lot. And there are probably other game, maybe bear ( I don't know for sure).

If you want variety of big game, then obviously the northwest or even Alaska is your goal.  But seasons there tend to be much shorter and in some areas much (much) colder.

No perfect answer to this one.
ChuckC

Offline britt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
The state with the most 3D shoots.
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©