3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ten Ring Strings  (Read 641 times)

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ten Ring Strings
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Another    :thumbsup:  for Ten Ring Strings. I ordered a couple of strings for my new to me stringless Aspen longbow and got just what i wanted in just over a week. Tickled with the service and the strings.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »

Allen does make a good string. He told me a couple days, ordered on the 17th, and got here today. Looks great, great service!

Shoot straight and God bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline old bucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
Got my strings today from Allen, Great strings, and Great service.

Sam

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
Awesome strings from a great guy!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
I have never had a custom string before and I needed one for my 1971 Grizzly.  I decided to go with 10 Ring.

I got the works, the cat whiskers, tie on nocks and the padded loops.  I wanted some color to liven it up a bit and chose Flo. Orange and Black.

It arrived very quick and when I took it out, I was very happy with it.  It looked awesome, like a Halloween string.  He also matched the whiskers and used black and orange for that too.  The best part though came when I strung it up.  That old Grizzly has never been as quiet as it is right now.  I couldn't believe my ears when I shot my first arrow.  It was just amazing.

I still have to adjust my nock point, but I tell you, this is one awesome string.  I have to get another string and this one needs to be a high performance string and I have had a bit of trouble getting this rig quiet.  I know where the string is coming from and I am wanting to see his magic on this one.

Great to deal with.

Nalajr

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »
I just finished several days of testing the Fury bowstring that Allen made for my 58# Buffalo longbow. Workmanship is perfect and exactly the length I ordered and comes with free string nocks that are easily adjustable. The Fury string stretches very little in a short break-in period (one 30 minute shooting session), then remains totally stable in length. The Fury string is more efficient for my bow as it is shooting my arrows faster than my D-10 and 450+ strings. My bare shaft tests went from showing slightly stiff to slightly weak when shooting the Fury. I adjusted my field point weight from 225gr down to 200gr to compensate and now my bare shafts are impacting perfectly in line with arrow flight. The Fury string is also very quiet, as quiet as my other low-stretch strings. I used two wool puff silencers, one at 1/4 point and one at 1/3 point on the string. I'm glad I read this post before ordering a new string, otherwise I would have not known about Ten Ring Strings. I must say that this is the best bow string I've ever shot. Thank you Allen.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
Michael, thanks again for the kind words. Your findings on the Fury material are spot on with what I found as I tested it before I decided to offer it for sale. The material is very light in physical weight. That is where the added performance comes from. Add to that, the fact that is is one of, if not the-most quiet materials that I have found. It makes for a very nice hunting string!

I am pleased to say, that I get input similar to yours on a weekly basis regarding Fury. I have yet to hear a negative comment about it!

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
I come from the opposite end, I have a 68 Bear Super Kodiak that I needed to spice up, ordered the B55 string and it is such a well built string I ordered another one not soon after. Needless to say the first string's colors are a bright as sunshine for my second string I muted them a bit. Either way I'm a happy customer, that will be happy to buy again and again.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
Very nice!
USMC 82-86

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©