3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One thing at a time!  (Read 307 times)

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
One thing at a time!
« on: March 17, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
I've been trying to tune my arrows and I've got them pretty good. But it seemed like it depended what day it was as to how well they flew. I then was trying to work on all these different form things all at one time. I was driving myself to insanity. I finally said screw it and decided to try to solve one thing. I had to get to my anchor and I knew I wasn't. Turns out, getting to my anchor just about solved all of my problems that I thought I was having. Arrows are hitting consistently where I'm looking, flying better and a better experience overall. I have a lot of you guys to thank on here for that. Whether directly or indirectly.

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One thing at a time!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
Congrats on having it come together.
When someone is having trouble coming to a solid anchor it usually is because the back muscles are not involved.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
Good deal.  I have spent the last several days tuning arrows to a new bow.  I shoot left handed and my arrows were flying to the left of the mark--fletched and most of the bare shafts.  I didn't accomplish much with my head position but changed my anchor and WOW.  I shoot split and had been covering my cheekbone with my index finger--figuring that this was placing my hand/string/arrow further to the left and would make the arrow hit further to the right I dropped my anchor to thumb pocket below the jawbone and it brought the arrows right on target.  I believe this anchor lets me get the back muscles engaged.

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
Glad to here it

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
very good grasshopper
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©