3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "no hand shock"  (Read 619 times)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "no hand shock"
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 09:15:00 AM »
Actually it has more to do with the string, nock fit, weight arrow weight, than it does with the bow.  I've taken bow that were miserable to shoot but it was because it was a 50# longbow with a Dacron string with enough strands to use with a 100# bow, and the nock so tight on the string that a few of them got pulled off the arrows.  I put a 10 strand d-10 or 12 strand D-97 string on it and got some arrows out that the nock fit perfectly on it, and it shot like the best of them.  The same can be said it the bow is shooting good and you put the wrong string on it and a nock too tight, or an arrow too  heavy or too light, it can get bad to shoot.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
I stated before after a few shots I do not notice any " hand shock ". Now a day or so later my hand is sore. I know I have arthritis in my hands from working with them all my life. It feels to me like I have become sensitive to my bow but with a delayed reaction. Does this make any sense to anyone?

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
Same here, I sometimes get in the base of the thumb the day after as well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©