3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone recently buy Sleeping Indian?  (Read 457 times)

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
anyone recently buy Sleeping Indian?
« on: October 06, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »
I am about to buy Sleeping Indian shirt and pants and would like to know if they fit true to size.
Anyone with recent purchases I would love to hear from you.

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone recently buy Sleeping Indian?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
I ordered pants and jackets two weeks ago and I am waiting for them to arrive. My gut feel is the jacket is going to be too big but the owner was reluctant to sell me a medium given my measurements. I noted that on Cabelas site they recommend ordering down in size and when I mentioned this, SI said that was wrong! I'll report back once I get the clothing.

Offline Mike Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:06:00 AM »
I spent a day in Jackson Hole in July and ran across the shop quite by accident. I turned down the wrong street while looking for a resturant.

I met the owner and he seemed to be a good guy.  Took all my measurements so when I order something in the future he could fit me.

If you are worried before I spent that kind of money I would have a tailor measure me.

Offline Ak willy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
SI and KOM both are made to fit as an over layer.
Shirts are large and pants a little big also.
Depends on your build.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
they are also sized to fit loose when layered because tight and trim fitting clothes don't keep you warm. You ever see how bagging people from the Northern climes wear their clothes?
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 03:40:00 AM »
Would you guys think if i was on the border between two sizes should i go up or down? Thanks.

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »
Definately up......

I usually wear a Large in most,but an XL would fit me better than the Large that I have,at least in KOM.Could be the person that I got it from put it in the dryer,but my experience is that they run smaller than normal,even on the other pieces I bought new.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »
thanks for the input guys. just sent off an email to SI with my actual measurements.

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
I'm 6'3" and weigh 220.  I wear an XL in their Ridgeline pullover, the Anorak Pullover and in their Bibs.

Love their wool.  Awesome stuff for stayin warm.

I also use and recommend Ullfrotte wool undies as well.
Otto

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »
I lie in Canada and ordered jacket and pants over the phone on Sept 18. I have not received anything yet nor have them responded to emails or phone calls. Oh ya, my visa was charged on Sept 22. I am geteting a little concerned!

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
i have not heard back yet either, but maybe they are all off hunting. Hope you get an answer soon.

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Hmm has anybody had any problems with ordering from SI? I heard all kinds of horror stories about ordering from KOM but not these guys. On a side note, my hunting partner ordered a pair of KOM pants and received them in 9 days!

Not much more I can do but wait and hope they arrive before the hunting season is over......

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
Hmmmm I just noticed on SI's website that their warranty is good for 90 days from date of Purchase. I guess that means that so far I have used up a third of my warranty and I don't even have the product yet!
I'll post here again as this saga unfolds.

Offline Mike Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
When I was at Sleeping Indian Ted Ranck seemed to be a good guy. I really enjoyed my vistit with him.

I have met and done business with the OWNER of KOM and he is a turd.

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
Thanks for this Mike. There is a chance it could have gotten hung up in Customs as I live in Canada but I am really wondering why emails/phone calls have not been returned.
I remain optimistic!

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
Ok latest update. I actually received a call today and it seems my items were inadvertingly sent to a warehouse with a Cabelas shipment. I was told my itmes would be sent out today.
I started inquiring about my missing items two weeks ago and I do find it very odd that they just got back to me now. I was also told that their computers were down so they were unable to check emails.....hmmmm they did not say anything about their answering machine.
I let it go at that. I am somewhat back at "square one" as I once again await delivery of items, supposedly coming via Fed-EX.
Am I happy? Not really....not the best service in todays competitive market. I guess we can all draw our own conclusions from it. I will likely make a final post when I receive it and what I think of their product. I just hope hunting season isn't over by the time I do get it.

Offline Avalanche123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
Final Post with Update:

I finally contacted Visa and asked them to get involved as I never got my order. After chasing the owner around Ted Ranck and he finally returned my call two days ago saying my order was ready to be shipped. I called him back and told him Visa was involved adn my account had been recredited. He claimed Iwas never charged which was lie number four. The man is dishonest and I have nothing good to say about Sleeping Indian. I am truly glad this nightmare is over. Too bad it too two months and hunting season is almost over as I could have used the wool. King of The Mountain, her I come. (Bernie Parsons.com)

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Guess I am glad I decided to buy from Day One.
Let us know how you like the KOM stuff.

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
I am happy with Gray Wolf. Jeff is a good guy.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
You will be happy with Bernie, he has been great in my dealings with him.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©